Simple Tip For Catching Picky Fish (Works With Live Bait Or Lures)
By: Tony Acevedo on December 11, 2019
Have you ever found yourself in this scenario?
You’ve found a school of feeding fish…
You’re so excited that you’re about to land a big one…
But when threw your lure or bait at them, they completely ignored it.
Most anglers struggle with the first part: finding feeding fish.
But once that mission is accomplished, then comes part two: actually getting them to eat.
In this video, I’ll show you how I found myself in this exact situation, but eventually got one to eat.
And it wasn’t just your average redfish, it was a +40″ giant!
Check out the video below.
Getting Picky Fish To Eat [VIDEO]
If you’ve done the hard work of finding the fish, next comes the fun (but potentially frustrating) part of getting them to bite.
Normally, I stick with one or two lures, but in this case, this fish just was not interested.
First, I tried a gulp jerk shad, which I had just caught a redfish from this school with.
I had no luck with it a second time, so I switched to a Chasebaits USA Crusty Crab.
Again, no luck, so I switched to a gulp shrimp and finally got her to bite.
If you’ve found fish, but they don’t want to bite, here are two tips to try to convince them:
- Switch from artificial lures to live bait, or vice versa
- Switch sizes and/or profiles of lures (i.e. switch from a jerk shad to a shrimp)
If you’ve found the feeding fish, but they’re not interested in your bait or lure, switch it up!
Throw a live shrimp or pinfish if you’re throwing lures, or try a jerk shad or artificial shrimp if they’re not hitting your live bait.
Or if you’re sticking with lures, change the size or profile of your lure.
Have any questions about catching picky fish?
Let me know in the comments!
And if you want to see exactly where I was fishing on the map and why I chose that spot, join us in the Insider Club!
You’ll also get exclusive access to fishing gear and discounts on products you’re already buying.
Do You Want To Quickly Find New Fishing Spots In Your Area?
Then you’ve got to see this private fishing club!
Here’s what you’ll receive today:
- Weekly fishing reports and TRENDS revealing where the inshore fish are feeding all year long
- Weekly “spot dissection” videos that walk you through all the best spots in certain areas
- Exclusive fishing tips from the PROS you can’t find anywhere else
- Everything you need to start catching fish more consistently (regardless if you fish out of a boat, kayak, or land).