Massive School Of Drum Inhaling This Lure (All Caught On Film)!

By: Joseph Simonds on November 5, 2019
Found In:

redfish school slam shady lure paddletail

Holy redfish and black drum school!

If this brand new video doesn’t get you pumped for fall fishing, then nothing will!

Here’s the backstory:

This past week, Capt. Peter Deeks was out filming some footage for the upcoming “Fish Finder Mastery Course” and came across these schools of drum.

And he just happened to have a few Slam Shady paddletails on this boat…

Want to see what happened next?

Watch the video below!

Redfish School Meets Slam Shady [VIDEO]

➡ Grab your pack of Slam Shady paddletails here (Insiders only)

➡ How To Maximize Results Using Paddletails (Rigging, Retrieving, & Size Selection)

What an awesome video!

We’ve been getting so much good feedback about these lures and this video is the cherry on top.

Now, a common misconception we hear is that if you want to catch bull redfish, then you have to use live bait.

But this video says otherwise…

The redfish caught at the end of the video was 50 inches!!!

By the way, the Slam Shady paddletails are only available to Insider members, so if you want access to this exclusive lure, join the Insider Club today!

P.S. When you join the Insider Club you’ll also get the best fishing tips, spots, and strategies so you can catch more fish!

Do You Want To Quickly Find New Fishing Spots In Your Area?

Then you’ve got to see this private fishing club!

Here’s what you’ll receive today:

• Weekly fishing reports and TRENDS revealing where the inshore fish are feeding all year long
  • Weekly “spot dissection” videos that walk you through all the best spots in certain areas
  • Everything you need to start catching fish more consistently (regardless if you fish out of a boat, kayak, or land).

Ok, ok, I’ll try using the 1/16 oz. jig head instead of my normal choice of the 1/4 oz. I’m fully convinced that I’m using too much weight, after seeing this video.

Gregory Batchelor

Now that’s the biggest school I have ever seen!

Gregory Batchelor

OMG, awesome stuff.

John
John

Funny in the video how…., of the whole 2 fish shown reeled in, both were dead as a doornail coming out of the water. Nice trick photographry / filming though.

Ken Johnston

My son and I saw a similar situation several years ago on the Indian River Lagoon north of Sebastian Inlet. The school of reds was at least twice, maybe three times the size of this school. We saw it twice but we only had one strike. The fish were big but totally inactive. Even though we didn’t catch anything it was so cool. I have found the smaller, roving schools of bull reds to be different. If you can get a cast to them before they flash by they will usually strike. Then you just hang on. Best fish there is. Catch and release gals and guys.

LA Claypool

Almost looks like a cocoaho (spelling???) minnow…

Thomas Campbell

That’s amazing ! Deeks is the one captain I wish you guy did more training with! He’s the man

Mark Carrillo

That just makes me sick. Lol I have never seen something like that before.

Selena
Selena

Were y’all using any weights? What do y’all think about popping corks?

Andy Benedict

Nice video! TOO SHORT😉

Richard Doane

Man I love it. What size where U using?

Captain Brian Davis

Shady BABY!

David Yarber

Absolutely Awesome! That cameraman is earnin’ his money! Shady Baby!

David HHair
Reply to  David Yarber

I agree. Great videography both on the boat and drone. Way to captire the action. Do you have staff members who specialize in the videography? It would be nice to see some behind the scenes making of videos sometime. I can appreciate both the videography and the fishing.

Roy Bullard

I couldn’t help but notice that Capt. Deeks has his paddletail rigged upside down. Does that enhance, change or diminish the action of the tail. What types of conditions warrant this type of rigging the slam shady. I always rig mine with the hook coming out of the top of the lure as it was demonstrated on the video.

Luke Simonds
Admin
Reply to  Roy Bullard

It works both ways… the same tail action takes place either way and the profile is pretty much the same too.

William Graswich

So – to the point about the upside down paddle tail. I just got my 2 packs of the Slam Shady 2.0 lures. Different than the ones made by Z-Mann. I notice there is a groove on the underside, versus the top side of the bait. I assume that is the hook groove? So are you saying to run the 2.0’s upside down on a weedless application? Or were these a manufacturing defect? Please advise. Also, are the 2.0’s made of Z-Mann material or some other plastic formula? Thanks – Bill

Luke Simonds
Admin
Jacinda Rose

WOWOWOW!!! That’s amazing!!!

Steven Free

Yea I like them but really haven’t had as much luck on the slam shady as I have on the chasebaits flick prawn or the pearl gulp swimming mullet that I make into a spinnerbait by adding a gold safety pin spinner on it you got to remember what works for you guys there in South fl doesn’t always work for us guys here in northern fl totally different water and conditions you guys have consistent clear water with lots of sandy turtle grass flats and potholes here in the northern part of fl no seagrass just shoreline grass with mudbottoms with oysters and docks and alot stronger current the only time the water clears some is in the wintertime and it still doesnt get as clear as central or south fl does even in your summertime where the algae is at its peak i bought a whole boatload of slam shadys and now found them to be not so hot here anyways great video but somewhat strange music especially at the end

Luke Simonds
Admin
Reply to  Steven Free

Hey Steven, for areas with murky water, you may want to try rigging a paddletail under a popping cork as shown in the lessons on this page: https://www.saltstrong.com/articles/how-to-use-rig-retrieve-slam-shady-paddletails/

And if you find that they still don’t work for you, we’ll gladly take them back and offer you a full refund for any unused packs… just keep us posted.

Reply to  Steven Free

Agreed. Larger baits are getting the job done on the midwest coast of Florida. L & xl Mirrodines along with 5+ inch Gulp baits are putting the 3″ Slam Shady to shame. Perhaps a larger Slam Shady may produce better results this time of year?