How To Fish Bridges From Shore (Best Baits, Spots & More)
By: Joseph Simonds on September 6, 2019
Fish generally need these three things:
- Structure to help them hide from predators
- Food (which is typically found around structure)
- Current (which is like the conveyor belt at sushi restaurants that brings food right to you)
And usually, bridges provide all three of these things!
But there’s a lot that goes into fishing bridges.
Which side should you fish on?
What makes one bridge better than another?
What lures should you use around bridges?
To help us answer all these questions and more, we brought on Insider member, Rich Natoli.
Rich fishes in the New Jersey area and crushes it up there with stripers, flounder, bluefish and more!
Watch his detailed and helpful video about bridge fishing below.
How To Fish Bridges [VIDEO]
Huge thanks to Rich for making this video for us!
I hope the way he broke down this particular bridge helps you go out and find your own bridges to fish!
If you’re fishing bridges, keep these things in mind:
- Bridges near inlets will likely have good current and bait (and therefore predator fish)
- Fish the down current side because that’s where the fish are waiting to ambush prey
Have any questions about bridge fishing?
Let us know in the comments below!
And don’t forget to TAG or SHARE a fishing buddy who fishes bridges!
P.S. Want to join Rich and +8,000 other anglers in the Insider Club where you’ll get the best fishing tips, tactics and spots? Click here!
Do You Want To Quickly Find New Fishing Spots In Your Area?
Then you’ve got to see this private fishing club!
Here’s what you’ll receive today:
- Weekly fishing reports and TRENDS revealing where the inshore fish are feeding all year long
- Weekly “spot dissection” videos that walk you through all the best spots in certain areas
- Exclusive fishing tips from the PROS you can’t find anywhere else
- Everything you need to start catching fish more consistently (regardless if you fish out of a boat, kayak, or land).
- Wade Fishing 101: How To Maximize Your Time & Strikes While Wading
- The Ultimate Wade Fishing Pre-Trip Planning Guide
- How To Pick Out The Best Jig Heads (In A Busy Tackle Store)
Disclaimer: When you buy through links on our site, we sometimes earn affiliate commission from places like Amazon, Bass Pro, Tackle Warehouse, etc. It’s one more way we can help you quickly find the best deals on the web while making sure we’re still around to serve you for years to come (and you do want us to be around to help you catch fish for many more years, right)?