How To Pick Out The Best Jig Heads (In A Busy Tackle Store)
Have you ever been shopping for jig heads?
If you have, then you’ve probably seen the endless amount of different jig head options…
Holy Jig Head Overwhelm!!!
Here are just a few of the things you’ll find in most tackle stores:
- Different jig head brands…
- Different jig head sizes and designs…
- Different jig head colors…
- Different jig head weights…
- Different jig head hook shanks…
- And more…
So we went down to The Tackle Center in Islamorada with Salt Strong fishing coach Capt. Mark “Hollywood” Johnson of Florida Keys Fun Fishing to show exactly how to pick out the best jig heads in a busy tackle store with tons of jig head options.
Enjoy and let us know any questions you have by leaving a comment in the comment section below.
How To Pick Out The Best Jig Heads [VIDEO]
As you saw in this video with Capt. Mark, there are a bunch of different jig head options…
But it doesn’t have to be that intimidating…
His best advice is to find a jighead with quality hooks and make sure you have a worm keeper if you are using it for soft plastics (and he prefers a wider gap jig head for most of his inshore fishing).
He also confirmed that the jig head color isn’t really that important (yes that even goes for chartreuse…)
Hope that helps and please post your favorite jig head brand in the comment section below.
We’d love to hear from you!
Want To Quickly Find New Fishing Spots In Your Area?
Then you’ve got to see this private online fishing club!
Here’s what you’ll get instant access to:
- Weekly fishing reports and TRENDS revealing where the inshore fish are feeding all year long
- Weekly “spot dissection” videos that walk you through all the best spots in certain areas
- Exclusive fishing tips from the PROS you can’t find anywhere else
- Everything you need to start catching fish more consistently (regardless if you fish out of a boat, kayak, or land).
- Discounts on popular fishing tackle and gear
- And much much more…
- How To Rig A Shrimp Under A Popping Cork Like A Pro
- Do You Know How to Choose the Right Size Jig Head for Each Lure? (VIDEO)
- The BEST DAY For You To Go Fishing (New Tool)
P.S. – What’s your favorite jig head brand and size? Let us know by leaving a comment below!
STOP WASTING TIME ON THE WATER!
Do what the “SMART ANGLERS” are doing and join the Insider Club.
Here’s what you’ll receive today when you join: