How To Stand Up In A Kayak The Simple Way [VIDEO]
By: Joseph Simonds on February 7, 2017
A little while ago, we published a popular video on how to get back in your kayak after it flips over in deep water (you can see it here).
One of the main questions we received from the feedback was, “What is the best way to practice standing up in my kayak?”
And we can’t blame you for that question!
Standing up and fishing from your kayak has some HUGE advantages over sitting down such as the ability to see more fish, see more bait, and see more structure.
So we put this video together with the help of Salt Strong’s Tony Acevedo.
Here are a few quick tips when trying to stand up in your kayak:
- If possible, use a rope or stand-up assist strap that many of the newer fishing kayaks come standard with
- Practice WITHOUT all of your gear (including your fishing rods) in the kayak when you first start practicing standing up
- The ideal kayak for standing up should be at least 30 inches wide
Now, enjoy the video.
How To Stand Up In Your Kayak
So what do you think?
Do you have any specific tips on standing up in your kayak?
Any specific challenges we missed?
Let us know in the comments.
And if you ever fall out of your kayak and need a quick way to get back in, watch this video.
Related Posts & Videos:
- Check Out This Cool Kayak Paddle Trick That Prevents Spooking The Fish (watch it here now)
- 3 Advanced Fishing Tips For Kayak Anglers (watch it here now)
- 11 Essential Saltwater Fishing Tips For Newbies (see it here now)