2 Steps To Tying Your Boat To A Mooring Buoy (The Quick & Easy Way)
When the wind is blowing, it can be a lot harder than it looks to tie your boat to a mooring buoy or ball…
Plus, when you pull up to the mooring buoy, the last thing you want to do is bring that slimy, grassy, barnacley rope on board and tie it to your boat…
In this video, we’ve got Capt. Mark “Hollywood” Johnson of FloridaKeysFunFishing.com to show us the quick and easy way to tie off to a mooring buoy, without bringing the dirty mooring buoy rope on board.
Watch how it’s done below.
How To Tie Your Boat To A Mooring Buoy [VIDEO]
Check out some of Capt. Johnson’s other videos:
- How To Anchor A Boat (And Avoid These Common Anchoring Mistakes)
- 10 Essential Boating Items Every Fisherman Needs
- How To Dock Your Boat The Quick & Easy Way
- How To Rig Shrimp On A Jig-Head Like A PRO (VIDEO)
When you’re tying off to a mooring buoy
- Slip your dock line through the loop on the mooring buoy rope
- Tie the other end to a second cleat on your boat.
This helps because:
- You don’t need to worry about tying knots with the mooring buoy rope that probably has barnacles and grass on it
- When it’s time to go, all you need to do is untie one knot on your boat and you’re good to go
Have any questions about tying off to a mooring buoy?
Let me know in the comments below.
And if you’re in the keys and want to book a trip with Capt. Johnson’s crew, you can do so at their website FloridaKeysFunFishing.com.
P.S. Want access to the best fishing spots, tips, and exclusive gear and discounts? Click here to join us and +10,000 other anglers in the Insider Club!
Do You Want To Quickly Find New Fishing Spots In Your Area?
Then you’ve got to see this private fishing club!
Here’s what you’ll receive today:
- Weekly fishing reports and TRENDS revealing where the inshore fish are feeding all year long
- Weekly “spot dissection” videos that walk you through all the best spots in certain areas
- Exclusive fishing tips from the PROS you can’t find anywhere else
- Everything you need to start catching fish more consistently (regardless if you fish out of a boat, kayak, or land).
STOP WASTING TIME ON THE WATER!
Do what the “SMART ANGLERS” are doing and join the Insider Club.
Here’s what you’ll receive today when you join: