Inshore Fishing 101: This Is How To Never Get Skunked
How often are you coming back from a fishing trip with nothing to show for it?
Are there techniques and tactics to prevent getting skunked out on the water?
All it takes is putting in the time and covering lots of water to find fish and never get skunked again.
So listen in as we share our thoughts on inshore fishing tactics and how to prevent coming up empty on your trips!
You will learn some of the best techniques and tactics for finding spots to fish and then locating the fish once you are settled at a scouted fishing spot.
You can watch the video version of this podcast below (which I highly recommend), listen to the audio version by clicking the play button underneath it, or listen to it on iTunes, Stitcher, or Spotify.
Check it all out below!!!
Inshore Fishing 101 [VIDEO]
Inshore Fishing 101 [PODCAST]
- REDFISH, TROUT, SNOOK, & FLOUNDER (FALL & WINTER)
- HOW TO QUICKLY FIND INSHORE FISHING SPOTS (BASED ON TIDES & WIND)
Here is a timestamped version of the podcast:
- 3:30 – What NOT to do
- 6:13 – The BEST inshore fishing lure!
- 7:38 – Master one lure at a time
- 8:08 – Advantages of the paddletail lure
- 9:52 – Leader options
- 10:21 – Types of leader line
- 10:51 – Knot options
- 11:10 – Knot on jigheads
- 11:52 – Importance of mainline choice
- 15:19 – Benefits of using a jighead
- 15:39 – Rod choices
- 16:07 – Trolling over the flats with younger kids
- 16:49 – Best reel options
- 17:54 – Types of jigheads
- 19:33 – Best fishing spots
- 20:15 – Process for finding fishing spots in open bays
- 21:16 – What to look for in a new spot
- 22:05 – What to do if you don’t have a trolling motor
- 25:03 – Just start with going out and catching fish
- 25:49 – Fishing spot example
- 26:54 – If you don’t have a boat, THIS is what to do
- 27:25 – Where the fish are going to be
- 28:01 – Where to target fish
- 28:30 – Baitfish highways
- 28:46 – If you aren’t catching fish, it is rare it is because of the lure
- 29:36 – The three B’s
- 30:04 – Birds = Baitfish
- 31:43 – Best conditions to catch the most fish
- 32:01 – Fishing in marsh and river systems
- 32:37 – Where to focus your fishing in marsh systems
- 33:40 – Number one zone for marsh systems fishing
- 34:10 – 90/10 Rule
- 35:13 – Importance of tides and water flow
- 36:06 – Fish feeding times
- 36:29 – Positioning tactics
- 37:36 – Trolling techniques
- 38:05 – Retrieving your lures in the current
- 38:11 – Recap of gear and equipment
- 39:02 – Slam Shady 2.0 Paddletails
- 40:37 – Salt Strong Insider Club Courses
- 45:38 – Paddletail retrieve
The key to inshore fishing for beginners is to keep it simple and do not overcomplicate things.
If you stay consistent and scout fishing spots to learn more about structure, fish behavior, and bait patterns, then you will have the blueprint for getting tight lines.
You will make mistakes and the key is to learn from them and build on them on your quest to catching more fish and avoid skunked fishing trips!
If you have any further questions on inshore fishing, please ask us down in the comments!
If you haven’t already, you can claim your FREE pack of Slam Shady 2.0 paddletail lures HERE!!!
And if you know an angler who wants to learn more about how to avoid a skunked inshore fishing trip, please TAG or SHARE this with them!
P.S. Want access to our best fishing spots and tips, plus discounts to our online tackle store? Click here to join us in the Insider Club!
STOP WASTING TIME ON THE WATER!
Do what the “SMART ANGLERS” are doing and join the Insider Club.
Here’s what you’ll receive today when you join: