How To Catch Overslot Snook Using These Artificial Shrimp
By: Joseph Simonds on June 23, 2020
What do you do when you see someone post a picture of a big fish online?
You probably wonder where they were, or what they caught it on, and then move on…
But when someone posts picture after picture of massive snook, redfish, cobia, permit, and other species, then you wonder, “What are they doing differently?”
This is exactly what happened with today’s podcast guest, Marcos Baldo.
Marcos and his wife, Luana, are fish-catching machines.
They constantly post pictures of huge fish in the Salt Strong Insider Community and I finally had to reach out to him and ask what their secret is.
They graciously invited Luke and me down to Southwest Florida to go fishing with them and show us exactly what they were doing and let me just say, these folks are the real deal.
We caught loads of massive snook, but we weren’t fishing in spots most people target snook, and we weren’t using a lure that most people use to target snook with.
Because his tactics are so unconventional, I convinced Marcos to come on the podcast with me.
He shared a ton, including:
- What types of areas he’s catching huge numbers of big snook
- How much current affects fishing
- His favorite lure (that nobody else uses)
- Why heavy jig heads work better than lighter ones (this one surprised me!)
- And much more
Here’s just one of the many monster snook we caught with Marcos and Luana that day (all on artificial shrimp)
How To Catch Overslot Snook [PODCAST]
- Snook Fishing Tips With The Captain Who’s Landed Over 300,000 Snook!
- Best Redfish, Snook, Pompano, & Trout Lures For SUMMER
Unbelievable Snook Snag [VIDEO]
I still can’t believe this was the very snook that stole my lure earlier.
It’s crazy to think that Marcos ever had bad days on the water, but like he said in the podcast, there were times when he struggled.
There were times when he would go out and get skunked, but now he’s catching monster snook with his wife nearly every day!
Marcos kept trying new things and didn’t give up, so if you’re struggling now, remember this story.
And if you want to speed up the process of learning how to catch fish, click here join Marcos and 13,000 other anglers in our Insider Club.
To keep up with him and Luana on Instagram and see their incredible fish pics, follow them at the links below:
And if you know someone who wants to catch more snook, please TAG or SHARE this with them!
Stop Wasting Your Valuable Time On The Water!
Do what the “SMART ANGLERS” are doing and join the Insider Club.
Here’s what you’ll receive today when you join:
- Weekly fishing reports and TRENDS revealing exactly where you should fish ever trip
- Weekly “spot dissection” videos that walk you through all the best spots in your area
- Exclusive fishing tips from the PROS you can’t find anywhere else
- 20% OFF ALL of your fishing tackle (rods, reels, line, lures, and more from ALL of the biggest brands in America)