The Salt Strong Core Beliefs (What We Stand For)

We believe in Family

We believe that fishing can bring families closer together

We believe that America needs more Tackle Boxes and Fewer Xboxes…

We believe that the two most powerful things to heal people are prayer and saltwater… in that order

We believe that all anglers were created equal

We believe that it is our duty to teach the next generation how to fish

We believe that kids will remember their best fishing experiences 30 years from now

We believe in sharing fishing knowledge

We believe that Strong Anglers come in all shapes, sizes, colors, sexes, disabilities, and differences

We believe that a passionate Tribe of anglers can accomplish anything together

We believe in always saying, “Please”, “Thank You”, “Sir”, and “Ma’am

We believe that fishing is under attack and we must do everything in our power to ensure future generations can enjoy fishing like we did

We believe that it is our duty as anglers to respect and protect our fisheries

We believe that “Pa-POW!” is a word

We believe in listening, loving, and respecting our customers

We believe in ALWAYS telling the truth and being transparent

We believe that America is the best country in the world

We believe that America has slightly gone off course…

We believe that anglers can unite to make America a better place

We believe that “Merry Christmas” is what you should say during “Christmas”

We believe that if you don’t stand for something then you stand for nothing

We believe that we need to give back to the military, the disabled, and those that don’t have the same liberties we have

We believe that there is no better legacy to leave behind than passing on the love of fishing to the next generation

We believe that cell phones ringers MUST be turned off (or on vibrate) while fishing

We believe that God has called us to start Salt Strong

We believe that we can help change the world through fishing…

We believe it so much that we quit our jobs and sold everything we had to make it happen…

Will you join us?

Click here to join the Insider family today

Click here to learn more about the Salt Strong story

Kris Citty

I met Andy today at Seagrove Beach. I enjoyed talking with him and learning just a little. I’m from Arkansas so I know NOTHING about saltwater fishing. I suggested to him you may consider a weekly membership for the occasional beach vacationer. I appreciate and agree 100% what you stand for. Andy is a great ambassador for Salt Strong.

Steve Miller

I am new to saltwater fishing and have so much to learn.I have several young people that I take fishing and to help get them on fish will keep them excited about fishing. I have watched a lot of your YouTube videos and have really enjoyed them. I have been debating whether I should join your insider club for a couple of weeks now. Today I read your Core Beliefs and was very impressed. For that reason alone I have decided that even if I never learn a thing, although I know that I will, it is worth every dollar to support you with a one year membership.

Steve Bullard

Just wanted to say thank you for your vision and wanted to share two thoughts. I would like to see you honor god in the manifesto. Second, this is about me, I feel closer to God every time I am on or near the water. I believe this is the major reason I love fishing and the peace i am blessed with.

Keep up the great work!

Robert Combs

Thank you for your excellent article on the beginnings of Salt Strong and your core beliefs. I’m thrilled that God called you’ll into this business and for the reasons stated. Walk with Christ daily and you can’t go wrong! I start every morning with prayer and thanking God for His blessings. I’m in God’s word daily as well so He can talk to me and provide His guidance. Once again thanks!

David Tolbert

How wonderful. I had no idea – I signed up because I wandered into one of your excellent sales funnels and wanted to learn to fish – really fish. Now that I know the core beliefs I’m so much more thrilled to be here! You guys are fantastic and you’re doing this with excellence. I belong to an online insider club for pit masters and never dreamed I could find an online forum for fishing that could match the kindness and generosity shared there. But, lo and behold, I have! Jesus is awesome that way. Thanks guys!

Last edited 10 months ago by David Tolbert
Mabry Edwards Jr

There’s no reason we can’t be Fishers of Men as well as Fishers of Fish. I’m a Believer; whenever I fish for billfish offshore or Reds, Trout, and Flounder (plus an occasional Snook when I vacation further South) inshore, I cannot fathom how anyone can question God’s Creation. The Eco system He created is simply amazing. The interaction throughout the entire Eco system in no way suggests the alternatives being suggested in our schools. Many of my best friends share my passion for fishing and for Jesus. Most of all, God has allowed my wife and I to build relationships and witness to others, especially children, through the things we love. Linda uses her music talents while I like to teach my young family members and their friends how to catch fish, play and enjoy sports (especially baseball). Our peace and joy hopefully helps others see Jesus in the things we say and do. God Bless You for being Strong!!!

Malcolm Felgate

Hi Joe,

it is me Malcolm Felgate.

We had several discussions a year or so ago. I have rejoined to see how your site has developed and also if you have dared to venture out of your neck of the woods. You have promised some information suitable for offshore anglers. i need to check it out. I live in Cape Town and fish offshore from Dassen island to Struss Bay. My 2 sons have 3 boats between them and I am chief cook and bottle washer on all 3. One of my sons is a commercial tuna fisherman and he has a wealth of knowledge and experience.

So are you going to make a great leap into the fishing outside your pond? There are millions of anglers outside the USA and most of us have the same core values. if you are going to hit 1,000,000 you will need a similar structure to your USA venture in Europe, Canada, South America, Australia, and South Africa.

Keen to hear your views

regards
\

Chuck Palm

Simply put, AMEN!

Lee Ashe
3 years ago

LUKE AND JOE YOU GUYS ARE CERTAINLY VERY VERY UNIQUE AND ARE 100% KINDRED SOULS.!!! YOUR CORE BELIEFS ARE AMAZINGLY MUCH LIKE MINE!!
WE THE FISHING PUBLIC HAS NEEDED SALT STRONG MANY YEARS AGO, I EVEN DREAMED OF A DEDICATED CLUB BELIEVING IN GOD, FAMILY AND EDUCATING ANYONE WILLING TO LISTEN TO WHAT WE STAND FOR AND OUR VERY STRONG COMITTMENT IN GROWING OUR SPORT AND STRIVING TO IMPROVE OUR ENVIROMENT, CAPTAINS FOR CLEAN WATER!! WE REALLY NEED TO FOCUS OUR ENERGIES IN IMPROVING WATER QUALITY AND HELP SUPPORT CHANGING OUR WATER SHEDS AND WATER DRAINAGE AREAS IN SOUTH FLORIDA BACK TO WHAT GOD DESIGNED, IF WE DO NOT CONVERT OUR WATERWAYS BACK TO WAY THEY WERE SINCE THE BEGINNING OF TIME, OUR CHILDREN AND CHILDRENS CHILDREN WILL ONLY DREAM ABOUT HOW GREAT IT USED TO BE.!!! LETS ALL KEEP SALT STRONG GROWING AND BECOMING BETTER EACH DAY AND DONT LOOSE SIGHT OF OUR CONVICTIONS.

GOD BLESS SALT STRONG
SINCERELY GUNNY “LEE” ASHE

Eric Black
3 years ago

Those are some awesome core beliefs! I’ve been an insider for just a couple of weeks, but I’ve gotta tell you, Joe and Luke, I think you’re definitely doing something successful that is going to continue to grow and grow. You have a unique way of being personal with everyone, delivering great content in a friendly, helpful, and familial way. You two are unique in a very great way. Keep up the good work!

7 Tips For Choosing A High-Quality Inshore Spinning Rod

Looking to get a new fishing rod? Check out these 7 tips to help you choose a high-quality rod that is well-made, while avoiding defective rods.

How To Tie The “Braid Uni Knot” [Contest Winner]

Braid Uni Knot: Want to know the best knot for connecting braid line to a swivel? In this post, we show you how to tie the best Uni Knot for braid line.