Yo-Zuri 3D Inshore Pencil Topwater Lure Review (Pros, Cons, & Specs)
Do you like targeting redfish with topwater lures?
Then you’re going to love this review!
I’ve been using this lure a lot recently catching redfish in the marshes and near oyster bars.
And since I featured it in the video about topwater lures for redfish vs. trout, I’ve gotten a lot of questions about it.
So in this video, I’m going to give you a full review of it, including:
- Why it’s such a good topwater lure for redfish
- What’s different about this topwater lure than most other topwaters
- What I don’t like about this lure
- And some awesome on-the-water footage catching fish with it
Before we dive in, I just wanted to let you know that we’re not affiliated with Yo-Zuri and we don’t accept sponsorships from any companies.
We’re fully funded by our Insider Club so that we can give unbiased and honest reviews.
Alright, now let’s dive in!
Yo-Zuri 3D Inshore Pencil Review [VIDEO]
First, we’ll start off with the specs of the Yo-Zuri 3D Inshore Pencil, then I’ll get into the pros and cons.
- 4″ long
- 1/2 oz
- 3 ball bearings to make the rattle sound
- 2 carbon steel treble hooks
- Price: $8.99
- The back of the lure sits low in the water (great for redfish)
- 3 smaller ball bearings make a high-pitch sound (mimics small baitfish or shrimp)
- Doesn’t cast as far or as accurately as other spooks because the body is not as aerodynamic
- Doesn’t have great hooks (I recommend switching them out with single inline hooks)
Because this lure carves a relatively narrow path through the water and the back sits low, this is my go-to topwater when I’m targeting redfish.
However, since it makes a high-pitch sound and doesn’t cast that far or accurately compared to other lures, I usually use it when I know feeding redfish are in an area, not when I’m searching for fish.
Have any questions about the Yo-Zuri 3D Inshore Pencil?
Let me know in the comments below!
You can get this lure from Amazon here.
And if you know someone who’s considering getting this lure, please TAG or SHARE this with them!
P.S. Want access to our best fishing spots and tips, plus discounts to our online tackle store? Click here to join us in the Insider Club!
- HOW FAST TO RETRIEVE TOPWATER LURES (TO CATCH MORE FISH)
- TOP 3 FISHING LURES THAT CATCH BASS AND REDFISH
- SEE ALL OF OUR PRODUCT REVIEWS HERE
Disclaimer: When you buy through links on our site, we sometimes earn affiliate commission from places like Amazon, Bass Pro, Tackle Warehouse, etc. It’s one more way we can help you quickly find the best deals on the web while making sure we’re still around to serve you for years to come (and you do want us to be around to help you catch fish for many more years, right)?
STOP WASTING TIME ON THE WATER!
Do what the “SMART ANGLERS” are doing and join the Insider Club.
Here’s what you’ll receive today when you join: