All Star Inshore Series Rod Review [Top Pros, Cons and Video]
By: Tony Acevedo on June 21, 2018
I’ve been using an All Star Inshore Series spinning rod for about four months now and have been extremely impressed with the rod’s performance.
I have used this rod for all of my inshore fishing trips and it has held up great against each species I’ve targeted.
I wanted to share with you the many pros I’ve found for this rod, as well as a couple cons.
This article will also identify where to find the All Star Inshore Series rod and what to consider before buying it.
All Star Inshore Series Rod Specs
These are the specs for my All Star Inshore Series rod. Note: there are many variations of this rod with different lengths, strengths and action.
- Length: 7’6″
- Rod Material: Graphite
- Rod Handle: Cork
- Action: Medium-fast
- Power: Medium
- Price: $99.99
- Guides: 7+tip
Pros of the All Star Inshore Series Rod
Simply put, this has been a great rod for me. The pros have severely outweighed the cons and I am very glad that I own this rod.
Some of the pros to the All Star Inshore Series rod that I’ve found include:
- Casts Well – This rod is deadly accurate and has given my casting game a boost. It allows me to reach the spots I want to with ease and has added distance to my cast as well.
- Strong and Sturdy – The rod has held up impressively against bigger fish. It is strong when fighting a fish and gives me the ability to put a lot of pressure on them, especially when I am trying to keep them out of structure like docks and mangroves.
- Lightweight – This rod is extremely lightweight for how strong it is. Due to its’ weight, it is a great rod to use for artificial lures as it allows you to cast over and over without tiring you out as quickly.
- Holds Up Against Corrosion – Since owning this rod, I have not had any issues with saltwater corrosion at all. Many parts of the rod are made of materials that are resistant to saltwater corrosion, which makes the rod last longer over time.
- Great Value – This rod is $99.99 at Academy Outdoors, a great value for a rod of this quality.
Cons of the All Star Inshore Series Rod
There are really are not many drawbacks I’ve had with the rod, but I have noticed a few.
These are the cons I’ve found with the All Star Rod Inshore Series:
- Hard to Find – These rods are not widely available and can only be found at Academy Sports & Outdoors. Even when you try to order the rods from the All Star website, it directs you back to the Academy website.
- Confusing Label – The rod I have is the “Croaker Special” according to the label on it. Some of the labels are confusing because they make it seem like the rod won’t hold up against bigger predator species. If you ignore the labels on these rods, you won’t have a problem targeting any inshore species on it.
- One Piece Rod – The rod is a one-piece rod. While there are many benefits to having a one-piece rod, they can be difficult to transport and may not always travel well in some situations.
Note: We’d love to hear your thoughts on your All Star Inshore Series rods, so please leave a comment down below to share your experiences with these rods.
All Star Inshore Series Rod Review Video
This video shows you my full review of the All Star Inshore Series rod and what I think you should know before purchasing one.
Check out my full review here:
I highly recommend this rod to anyone looking for a great inshore fishing rod at a great value.
This is a lightweight, sturdy rod that helps you feel the water better and cast farther. It is perfect for flats fishing and for fishing around structure inshore. The rod is also a high-quality rod that will hold up well against the elements.
If you’ve used the All Star Inshore Series rod, let us know what you think of it by commenting below.
Do YOU Want New Fishing Spots In Your Area?
Then you’ve got to see this private fishing club!
Here’s what you’ll receive today:
- Weekly fishing reports and TRENDS revealing where the inshore fish are feeding all year long
- Weekly “spot dissection” videos that walk you through all the best spots in certain areas
- Exclusive fishing tips from the PROS you can’t find anywhere else
- Everything you need to start catching fish more consistently (regardless if you fish out of a boat, kayak, or land).