Best Red Snapper Bait [Secret Weapon]
By: Joe Simonds on June 12, 2019
Red snapper season has grown men waking up like giddy little boys on Christmas, so excited to get out on the water they don’t even need coffee.
While we were talking about the best baits for red snapper, Capt. Dylan dropped a bomb on us.
He revealed his Red Snapper Secret Weapon…
Want to know what it is?
Watch the behind the scenes video below.
Red Snapper Secret Weapon [VIDEO]
How about that big red snapper Luke caught in the background?!
What a beast!
How To Use The Red Snapper Secret Weapon
Capt. Dylan likes to use bonito strips because they’re smelly, oily, and red snapper can’t turn them down.
Here are some tips when fishing for red snapper:
- When you get a bite, crank the hook, don’t try to set it…remember: “Crank it, don’t yank it.”
- When you hit bottom, hold bottom. That means when the boat goes up, keep the rod tip down, and vice versa. This will help your bait not bounce on the bottom.
- If you miss the fish, get your bait back down to the bottom asap. They’ll come back for more.
- Use a double snell rig. This will increase your chances of hooking the fish.
- Occasionally take the time to straighten out your leader. This will make the bait look more natural.
If the snapper aren’t biting, drop down an irresistible strip of a bonito, but hang on, because the bites will be coming shortly!
What’s your favorite red snapper bait?
Have any questions about catching red snapper?
Let us know in the comments below!
P.S. If you really want to get serious about catching red snapper and maximize the red snapper season, get Red Snapper Mastery here.
P.P.S. Insider Pro & VIP members get this course for free! Join the Insider Club here.
Want To Catch More Red Snapper (FAST) This Season?
Then you’ve got to see this private online course!
Guaranteed to help you catch more snapper or it’s free.