The Best Summer Lures For Redfish, Trout, & Snook
It’s officially summertime!
And it is one of the best times to use lures for catching inshore saltwater slams.
So in this podcast, the crew all chimes in on the exact lures we use during the summer months and when to use them!
Check it out below!
You can watch the video version of this podcast below (if you want a good laugh, I highly recommend it), listen to the audio version by clicking the play button underneath it, or listen to it on iTunes, Stitcher, or Spotify.
Best Summertime Lures [VIDEO]
Best Summertime Lures [PODCAST]
- ONE YEAR, ONE PADDLETAIL LURE, HUNDREDS OF SNOOK & REDFISH!!
- WHY MANY OF THE MOST REALISTIC SALTWATER LURES DON’T WORK…
Here’s a timestamped table of contents:
- 0:49 – Do you change up your lure depending on the time of day?
- 2:18 – Topwater time! And when to use it
- 3:28 – Here’s why it’s crucial to use this lure in the morning
- 4:56 – Guideline of when to throw topwater lures
- 6:33 – Fish don’t wear sunglasses
- 7:14 – Change up your retrieve when the water’s surface is like this
- 9:10 – Calm weather is the worst…
- 10:14 – Look for shadows to tell you when to use this lure
- 12:04 – Fish will eat a pickle in these conditions
- 12:48 – In the heat of the day, grass will do this
- 14:43 – Weedless presentation with a soft plastic is hard to beat
- 15:34 – No shadow vs. shadow lures
- 16:02 – Do you put Dr. Juice on your topwater lure?
- 17:53 – We put Dr. Juice on everything, even our burgers
- 20:14 – Thoughts on Wendy’s french fries?
- 21:53 – Gather your fish data at this time of day
- 23:33 – When to use specific paddletails
- 25:44 – Shrimp imitation lures are great for the summer
- 28:14 – Sight fishing during summer
- 29:44 – Slay redfish on this lure this summer
- 31:52 – Dock fishing is the best during the heat of the day
- 33:14 – You’ll need to get your baits on the bottom in cooler water
- 36:40 – Shadow puppets are a must
- 37:08 – Find redfish here during the summertime
- 38:31 – Use this lure for night fishing
- 42:08 – Catch bigger fish with this kind of lure
- 44:35 – How fish strike at lures and why it’s important
- 46:14 – Want to outfish your buddy? Do this
- 47:48 – Are you always trying to improve and up your fishing game? Click here to join us in the Insider Club
- 53:12 – You will save time, you will save money, and you will catch more fish
Here are the lures, hooks, & scents mentioned in this episode:
- Slam Shady 2.0
- Slam Shady Bomber
- Moonwalker Topwater (Insider Only)
- Gold Digger (Insider Only)
- Slam Shady EZ ShrimpZ (Insider Only)
- Power Prawn (Insider Only)
- Slam Shady PaddlerZ
- Aqua Dream Weedless Spoon
- Dr. Juice Saltwater Slam Scent
- Owner Twistlock Weighted Hook
- Texas Eye Jig Head
- Trout Eye Jig Head
Note: If we are sold out of an item by the time you are watching this, please click the “Notify Me” button to get an alert when it’s back in stock!
There are simple lure setups that always catching fish in the summer.
You just have to know the best time of day to use them, where to use them, and how to use them!
What’s your go-to summer lure?
Let me know down in the comments!
And if you know an angler that loves using lures during the summertime, please TAG or SHARE this with them!
P.S. Want access to our best fishing spots and tips, plus discounts to our online tackle store? Click here to join us in the Insider Club!
STOP WASTING TIME ON THE WATER!
Do what the “SMART ANGLERS” are doing and join the Insider Club.
Here’s what you’ll receive today when you join: