Black Pelican Custom Spinning Rod Review [Top Pros & Cons]
Have you ever considered getting a custom fishing rod?
I recently got my first custom rod from Black Pelican Custom Rods, and in this video, I’m going to do a review of it.
And not only will I share my thoughts on this particular rod, but also custom rods in general.
If you’ve been considering getting a custom rod, or want to know more about the advantages of getting one, this video is for you.
And by the way, we are not affiliated with Black Pelican Custom Rods or any other company, so you can be sure that this review is totally unbiased.
Black Pelican Custom Rods Review [VIDEO]
Here are the specifics of this rod:
- Century Blank
- Autoclave processed carbon with anti-twist technology
- Graphene impregnated resin
- TexTreme outer armor
- 7′ 6″ in length
- Fast action
- Lure rating of 1/4 – 1 3/4 oz
- Performance Winn grips
- Alps reel seat with the double locking mechanism
- Fuji Titanium Guides with Torzite inserts
Custom Rod Pros
The biggest pros of getting a custom rod are:
- They’re usually made with lots of care by one person, so you can be sure you’re getting a high-quality rod
- You can choose the specs and components of your rod (I very purposefully chose all of the specs mentioned above because they are best for my fishing style)
- You can get a custom design (pictured below)
Custom Rod Cons
The biggest cons of getting a custom rod are pricing and time for delivery.
You get what you pay for, and high-quality rods take time and money to be made well.
I’ve enjoyed using this rod and it has passed the test of handling big fish like the red pictured above.
Brandon, the owner of Black Pelican Custom Rods was recently featured on our podcast, and you can listen to that here:
And if you want to keep up with Brandon, or get your own custom rod, you can check him out here:
- Black Pelican Custom Rods on Instagram
- Black Pelican Custom Rods on Facebook
Have any questions about having a custom rod made?
Have you had one made for yourself?
Let me know in the comments below!
And if you know someone who is thinking about getting a custom rod made, please TAG or SHARE this with them!
P.S. If you want access to thousands of proven local fishing spots, a network of over 10,000 anglers, and updates on what and where the fish are biting now, click here to join us in the Insider Club.
Do You Want To Quickly Find New Fishing Spots In Your Area?
Then you’ve got to see this private fishing club!
Here’s what you’ll receive today:
- Weekly fishing reports and TRENDS revealing where the inshore fish are feeding all year long
- Weekly “spot dissection” videos that walk you through all the best spots in certain areas
- Exclusive fishing tips from the PROS you can’t find anywhere else
- Everything you need to start catching fish more consistently (regardless if you fish out of a boat, kayak, or land).
STOP WASTING TIME ON THE WATER!
Do what the “SMART ANGLERS” are doing and join the Insider Club.
Here’s what you’ll receive today when you join: