What Are The Best-Kept Bridge Fishing Secrets (And Biggest Mistakes)
It’s bridge fishing time!
If you want to catch more inshore fish from a bridge (or from a boat while fishing a bridge) then you’ve got to hear this!
In this bridge fishing episode, we share some of our best tactics to get more tight lines when fishing under (or near) a bridge.
And one of the biggest discoveries came from a recent underwater dive near a popular bridge.
The best news is that these tactics work regardless if you fish from a bridge or from a boat at a bridge.
Check it out below!
You can watch the video version of this podcast below (which I highly recommend so you can see the mapping), listen to the audio version by clicking the play button underneath it, or listen to it on iTunes, Stitcher, or Spotify.
Bridge Fishing Secrets And Mistakes [VIDEO]
Bridge Fishing Secrets And Mistakes [PODCAST]
- STRIKE SPOTS: NEW TOOL THAT PREDICTS INSHORE FEEDING ZONES
- HOW TO FIND 90% OF ALL FEEDING FISH IN YOUR AREA (90/10 FISHING RULE)
You can follow the timestamped table of contents:
- 3:26 – Where should you cast around a bridge?
- 8:20 – Take advantage of the pilings and find the eddy
- 9:40 – Know where to fish when you’re on a bridge
- 10:57 – Fighting the current with fish and what to do
- 15:43 – Find old and new bridges (sunken structure exists!)
- 16:43 – Do you ever cast out far from the bridge?
- 18:10 – High current areas and what you may find there
- 18:41 – When to target bridges in the tide cycle
- 21:51 – How different species use the structure of bridges
- 23:17 – What’s your go-to bait for bridge fishing?
- 24:30 – Artificial lures around bridges
- 25:51 – Crab for bait around bridges and the downside
- 26:58 – Big fish chunks like ladyfish or mullet also get the job done
- 28:03 – How to present an artificial lure around bridges
- 30:50 – Mistakes to avoid with your rig
- 31:43 – Simple rigs work the best (Simplicity, Specialist)
- 33:08 – This is the leader that you need to land fish around bridges
- 35:08 – An alternate rig that works REALLY well around pilings
- 36:01 – The best seasons to fish around bridges
- 40:15 – If you want to know what fish are really doing underwater, DIVE!
- 42:30 – Here’s what to bring if you plan to fish live/dead baits around bridges
- 44:48 – Maximize your structure and maximize your strikes
- 47:11 – What topics would you like us to cover and where would you like us to go?
- 48:04 – Last round of Moonwalker topwater lure beta testers
- 48:42 – Salt Strong rods and reels are being developed!
- 49:18 – The Redfish Spot Championship Belt & SLAM Prizes
- 51:25 – You will catch more fish in less time (and save money)…Join Us Here!!
Here are the links for the shrimp lure and scent that’s CRUSHING it everywhere:
Check out more bridge fishing secrets here!
Bridge fishing is awesome because you can do it year-round.
But you want to avoid some really BIG mistakes or you may get skunked!
Have you made some of these mistakes?
Let me know down in the comments!
And if you know an angler who loves to fish bridges, please TAG or SHARE this with them!
P.S. Want access to our best fishing spots and tips, plus discounts to our online tackle store? Click here to join us in the Insider Club!
STOP WASTING TIME ON THE WATER!
Do what the “SMART ANGLERS” are doing and join the Insider Club.
Here’s what you’ll receive today when you join: