Tanya The Charleston Redfish Slayer (Best Lures, Spots & Mistakes)
By: Joseph Simonds on February 21, 2020
This woman is crushing it!
One thing we’ve gotten a lot of requests for is to bring more of our Insider members on the podcast—more “real” anglers.
It’s easy to listen to an interview with a famous professional fishing guide or tournament angler and think, “I could never do that.”
But when you listen to someone who’s just like you, it resonates a little differently.
Tanya Dowdy is from Charleston, SC, and she has been absolutely slaying redfish recently.
She’s one of those people where it seems like every post is about an amazing day full of redfish, plus she’s been super helpful in the community and giving out a lot of advice.
In this interview she’s sharing:
- How she’s become such a good angler in a short amount of time
- Her favorite redfish lures (and how to rig them)
- Her favorite types of spots to find redfish (super helpful for Atlantic coast anglers)
- The one boating accessory that has helped her catch more fish and save a ton of time
- The top mistakes she sees most anglers make that stop them from catching 5x more fish
- How long to stay in an area if the fish aren’t biting before you should move on
And much more!
Tanya The Charleston Redfish Slayer [PODCAST]
- How To Catch GATOR TROUT In The Fall & Winter
- How To Catch 24X More Inshore Saltwater Fish (Easy 10-Minute System)
I love that Tanya went from not knowing what that “copper-colored fish” was to fishing in tournaments in a pretty quick time.
Most people go their whole lives without having the confidence or skill to fish redfish tournaments!
I’m also thankful for women like her who are going out and catching fish and being role models to young girls like my two daughters.
Have any questions about Tanya’s fishing journey?
Let me know in the comments below!
And if you know someone who needs to hear this conversation with her, please TAG or SHARE this with them!
P.S. Want to join Tanya and 12,000 other anglers in the Insider Club where you’ll get the best fishing spots, tips, and strategies, plus discounts on fishing gear?
Stop Wasting Time On The Water!
Do what the “SMART ANGLERS” are doing and join the Insider Club.
Here’s what you’ll receive today when you join:
- Weekly fishing reports and TRENDS revealing exactly where you should fish ever trip
- Weekly “spot dissection” videos that walk you through all the best spots in your area
- Exclusive fishing tips from the PROS you can’t find anywhere else
- Everything you need to start catching fish more consistently (regardless if you fish out of a boat, kayak, or land).