How To Catch GATOR TROUT In The Fall & Winter
If you love catching big speckled trout, you’re going to love this podcast.
We had Chris Bush from the Speckled Truth on a few months ago to talk about catching gator trout, and because we got so much good feedback from that episode, we’ve brought him back today to talk specifically about catching big trout in the fall and winter.
Here’s the quick backstory…
Chris Bush started TheSpeckledTruth.com, a blog dedicated to catching speckled trout, which has started a movement in the gator trout scene.
Through this, he started the Dirty 30 Citation Program and the State Trophy Trout Citation Program.
These two programs are not only fun clubs for people who’ve caught monster trout, but also valuable data collection programs.
He has hundreds of recorded 30″ trout and trophy trout catches, and he’s been cross-referencing all of those catches with the time of year, moon phase, weather, tide, and other factors.
Through all of this data, he’s noticed trends that can help you stack the odds in your favor if you want to catch monster trout.
In this episode, he’s sharing some of that data, plus:
- His favorite types of lures to catch 30″ trout
- How to keep catching fish when the bite “slows down”
- His favorite types of spots to find big trout
- Where you can find gator trout in the winter (you won’t find small trout here)
- The best conditions to look for if you really want to catch a 30″ trout
- Why big trout hang around little trout in the winter but not the summer (this is pretty savage)
Catching Gator Trout In The Fall & Winter [PODCAST]
This guy is an absolute gold mine when it comes to getting info about gator trout!
I love what Chris has done with the Speckled Truth and its citation programs.
All of this data has helped anglers catch more gator trout and make memories out on the water.
Plus, he also records whether the fish was released or not, and he’s finding that the majority of them are, which is great for the future of our fisheries.
Chris recently started a podcast, so if you want to keep up with him you can listen to it on Spotify here, or keep up with him at the links below:
Have any questions about catching gator trout this fall and winter?
Let me know in the comments below!
And if you know someone who wants to catch more gator trout, please TAG or SHARE this with them!
P.S. Want to join Chris and 10,000 other anglers in the Insider Club? Click here to learn more!
Do You Want To Quickly Find New Fishing Spots In Your Area?
Then you’ve got to see this private fishing club!
Here’s what you’ll receive today:
- Weekly fishing reports and TRENDS revealing where the inshore fish are feeding all year long
- Weekly “spot dissection” videos that walk you through all the best spots in certain areas
- Exclusive fishing tips from the PROS you can’t find anywhere else
- Everything you need to start catching fish more consistently (regardless if you fish out of a boat, kayak, or land).
STOP WASTING TIME ON THE WATER!
Do what the “SMART ANGLERS” are doing and join the Insider Club.
Here’s what you’ll receive today when you join: