Daiwa Procyon Reel Review: Pros, Cons, & On The Water Action
It’s reel review time!
The new Daiwa Procyon AL reel is buttery smooth, super rigid, and has a great-looking profile.
But how does it hold up on the water?
In this video, you’ll learn about the pros and cons of this reel and see it in action.
Check it out below!
Daiwa Procyon AL Reel Review [VIDEO]
Check out the unboxing and product specifications from our own Head of Tackle:
After using this reel for a few months, I can finally put together an accurate list of pros and cons.
Here it is:
- Lightweight aluminum frame and body
- Corrosion-resistant and holds up well to saltwater
- Super smooth drag that is easy to fine-tune and automatically adds and retracts drag while you fight a fish
- The stiff arm does not flex when fighting larger fish
- An issue with wind knots on the water (but switched out the line and no further issues!)
I’ve actually enjoyed this reel a lot more than I thought I would!
It’s comparable to the Shimano Stradic FL, but actually has a smoother drag system.
Now the good news is that we carry these in our tackle shop.
But the bad news is that we have a very limited supply and we will not be restocking them.
You can get this reel from our shop here (while supplies last):
And if you want 20% off of this reel, as well as all of the other gear in our shop, click here to join us in the Insider Club.
Have any questions about this reel?
Let me know down in the comments!
STOP WASTING TIME ON THE WATER!
Do what the “SMART ANGLERS” are doing and join the Insider Club.
Here’s what you’ll receive today when you join: