3 Tips To Deal With Dolphins While Fishing (And How To Use Them To Your Advantage)
By: Tony Acevedo on July 10, 2019
To the non-angler, dolphins are cute, funny, and entertaining.
Tons of people even pay money to go on trips in hopes of seeing these beautiful marine mammals put on an acrobatic show.
But us fishermen, we’re complete opposites.
There’s nothing worse than seeing dolphins at your favorite honey hole.
While people are spending their hard-earned cash on “dolphin cruises”, we’d pay money to NOT see them!
But are dolphins really all that bad if you’re trying to catch fish?
Well, yes and no.
If you know where to look for fish when the dolphins come to town, then the fishing can be great!
But if you’re not careful, you’ll be feeding dolphins lunch and they’ll follow you around all day.
To see the best way to deal with dolphins (and how to catch more fish when they’re around), watch the video below.
How To Deal With Dolphins [VIDEO]
- Don’t let dolphins discourage you. They’re looking for food, and they’re a sign that you’re in a good spot.
- Dolphins typically push big fish into shallow water, and small fish into deeper water, so if you’re fishing in an area with dolphins, these are good places to look.
- Release fish shallow so that dolphins can’t get to them. If dolphins steal your fish when you release them, they’re more likely to keep hanging around you.
Have any questions about fishing with dolphins around?
What are your experiences with fishing near dolphins?
Let me know in the comments below!
And if you know someone who’s been struggling with dolphins in their area, please TAG or SHARE this with them!
P.S. If you want to get our best fishing spots and tips, and discounts on the best fishing gear, join our Insider Club here.
Do You Want To Quickly Find New Fishing Spots In Your Area?
Then you’ve got to see this private fishing club!
Here’s what you’ll receive today:
- Weekly fishing reports and TRENDS revealing where the inshore fish are feeding all year long
- Weekly “spot dissection” videos that walk you through all the best spots in certain areas
- Exclusive fishing tips from the PROS you can’t find anywhere else
- Everything you need to start catching fish more consistently (regardless if you fish out of a boat, kayak, or land).