From Skunked Newbie To Inshore Slams In 6 Months!!!
By: Joseph Simonds on May 21, 2020
We get a lot of requests for podcast topics, but here’s one of the most common ones…
How do you catch inshore slams in a new spot?
If you grew up in a place without access to saltwater (like this podcast guest did), or if you’re an experienced saltwater angler and you just want to find more spots, you’ve probably asked yourself this same question.
Here’s some good news: it’s possible to find new spots and become really consistent at catching fish in them faster than you might think.
In this podcast episode, Dilan Ekmark is sharing his system for how he went from a complete saltwater newbie to catching nice fish nearly every time he goes out.
He moved down to Florida from Ohio just six months ago, and since then he’s become a really good saltwater angler (and he doesn’t even have a boat!).
But it didn’t start out that way.
His first trip out in his new kayak in his new city was a failure.
He spent several hours on the water and didn’t even have a single bite to show for it.
But he didn’t give up.
He came up with a system for how to find spots and catch fish, and in this episode he’s going to share with you that exact system.
- The first thing he did when he decided he was going to master saltwater fishing (after getting skunked his first few trips)
- His 3 favorite lures that he always brings on the water
- His favorite types of spots to catch a ton of fish
- What he learned that took him from inconsistent angler to being able to catch fish nearly every time he goes out
- Some common mistakes he made when he first started fishing that he doesn’t make anymore (which has resulted in several 100+ fish days)
- And much more
Skunked Newbie To Inshore Slams Fast [PODCAST]
- Why Most Saltwater Anglers FAIL (The Top Mistake)
- How To Catch 24X More Inshore Saltwater Fish (Easy 10-Minute System)
Mentioned Products & Links:
I love how methodical and persistent Dilan is when it comes to fishing.
He struggled his first few times out and instead of giving up, he came up with a system of finding spots and catching fish.
What do you do when you struggle?
Are you as thoughtful and determined about catching fish as Dilan?
And here’s the cool thing…
He took one day to find some fishy-looking spots around his house.
Not a year, not a month, and not even a week.
Just one day.
And then he fished them and learned the trends.
Think you can do that?
I think so!
Now one thing he mentioned was getting a good wind and tide app.
Check out SmartFishingTides.com where we’ve added everything you need to plan your fishing trip:
You’ve got wind, tide, weather, satellite maps, sonar maps, and even the Strike Score to tell you how well the fish should be biting.
If you want to keep up with Dilan, you can do so at the links below:
Have any questions about catching inshore slams?
Let me know in the comments below.
And if you know someone who’s sick of being inconsistent on the water, please TAG or SHARE this with them!
P.S. If you really want to get better at fishing fast, join Dilan and 14,000 other Anglers in our Insider Club.
You’ll get access to our best spots and strategies, plus 20% off to our online tackle store.
Stop Wasting Your Valuable Time On The Water!
Do what the “SMART ANGLERS” are doing and join the Insider Club.
Here’s what you’ll receive today when you join:
- Weekly fishing reports and TRENDS revealing exactly where you should fish ever trip
- Weekly “spot dissection” videos that walk you through all the best spots in your area
- Exclusive fishing tips from the PROS you can’t find anywhere else
- 20% OFF ALL of your fishing tackle (rods, reels, line, lures, and more from ALL of the biggest brands in America)