How An Ex-Bass Angler Is Now Winning Inshore Saltwater Awards
By: Joseph Simonds on December 13, 2019
Talk about stepping up your fishing game!
Today’s guest, Insider member, Dave Otte, went from nearly giving up on saltwater fishing because he wasn’t catching anything, to now placing in inshore kayak tournaments and winning angler of the year in his local fishing club.
Isn’t that awesome?!
Dave was one of those guys who invested in a nice kayak and saltwater fishing gear, only to find out that fishing was a lot harder than he anticipated.
He was frustrated with getting skunked nearly every trip out, and tips from his well-meaning friends weren’t helping.
It wasn’t until he invested in his fishing education that he finally turned it around, started catching fish, and having fun on the water.
In this podcast episode, Dave shares:
- How he went from consistently getting skunked to consistently placing in tournaments (and having a lot more fun fishing)
- The mindset that it takes to be a successful fisherman
- The one thing that nearly all beginning anglers struggle with
- Why it’s not all about the fishing spots that your friends tell you about
- How to go from a good angler to a great angler
- And the value of relationships (hint: it helps with fishing, but it’s also way more than that)
Bass Angler Turned Saltwater Fisherman [PODCAST]
- The One Fish That Changed Bill Dance’s Life Forever…
- Z-Man: Mark Zona On Life, Liberty, & The Pursuit Of Big Fish
How To Find Fishing Spots In Deep Or Murky Water
One thing Dave talked a lot about was our new tool, Smart Fishing Tides.
Specifically, he’s been using the sonar map to find dropoffs in creeks and rivers that he couldn’t find on satellite maps.
This is especially important for late fall and winter, since fish will be looking for deeper, warmer, pockets of water when it gets cold, but they also want to be close to shallow water when the sun comes out.
Check out this new tool at SmartFishingTides.com.
Can you imagine making a transformation like Dave?
Going from a frustrated angler, to a consistent angler…
Or even going from a good angler to a great angler!
It’s all possible if you just invest in your fishing education and start learning from other experienced fishermen.
And the best way to do that is to join the Salt Strong Insider Club.
Dave’s story is just one of hundreds of stories of anglers finally learning how to consistently catch fish and have more fun on the water.
Plus, we’ve got over 1,000 fishing guides in the club, so it’s helping anglers of all experience levels.
Have any questions about inshore fishing, winter fishing, or stepping up your fishing game?
Let me know in the comments below!
And if you know someone who would love to have a transformation like this, please TAG or SHARE this with them!
Do You Want To Quickly Find New Fishing Spots In Your Area?
Then you’ve got to see this private fishing club!
Here’s what you’ll receive today:
- Weekly fishing reports and TRENDS revealing where the inshore fish are feeding all year long
- Weekly “spot dissection” videos that walk you through all the best spots in certain areas
- Exclusive fishing tips from the PROS you can’t find anywhere else
- Everything you need to start catching fish more consistently (regardless if you fish out of a boat, kayak, or land).