Using Fishing To Help Cure Childhood Cancer
By: Joseph Simonds on August 6, 2019
Get ready for an emotional roller coaster!
Savannah Billett will make you laugh, cry, feel motivated and give you hope as she talks about her journey to raise money to find a cure for childhood cancer.
What started as selling bracelets in 7th grade to make money for cancer research has evolved into an annual fishing tournament (that raised $20,000 last year!!!) that is about to go international.
The tournament is called “Fishing for the Fight,” and is put on by Savannah and her two partners, Garret Greca and Hunter Schoch…who are all still in college!
I don’t know about you, but when I was in college the only thing I was worried about was myself and how many parties I could go to…
In this podcast, Savannah shares many heartwarming stories and challenges, including:
- How she, Garret, and Hunter came up with the idea for Fishing for the Fight (and presented it to the Mayor)
- Why she’s dedicated her life to fighting childhood cancer
- The amazing story of Bella, the girl who fought cancer 5 times (she’s pictured above)
- How she’s partnered with BeatNb.org, an organization dedicated to fighting neuroblastoma
- And much more
Fighting Childhood Cancer With Fishing [PODCAST]
Fishing For The Fight Fishing Tournament
Fishing for the Fight will be held on Saturday, October 12th at the Hula Bay Club in Tampa, and will support Beat Nb, an organization dedicated to finding cures for neuroblastoma and other childhood cancers.
The price is $200 for the first two anglers, and each angler after that is an additional $50.
The first-place prize is a yeti cooler, and the second and third-place prizes are TBD (although guaranteed to be awesome).
The after-party is at the Hula Bay pool and will be filled with tons of family fun including prizes, auctions and more.
And even if you’re not fishing in the tournament, you can join the party for $25, which of course will be going towards finding a cure for cancer.
You can register for the tournament at beatnb.org/fish.
I don’t know too many people who are working on awesome projects like Savannah, Garret and Hunter during college.
I’m super impressed and proud of how hard they’re working to make a real difference in our world.
So the big question is this: will you support Savannah, Garret, and Hunter in their fight for finding a cure for childhood cancer?
Here’s what they need:
- People to fish the tournament
- Sponsors for the tournament
You can get more information for both of those at BeatNB.org/fish.
Have any more questions about the tournament?
Let us know in the comments below!
And don’t forget to share this episode so that more people can be aware of this tournament and its wonderful mission.
Do You Want To Quickly Find New Fishing Spots In Your Area?
Then you’ve got to see this private fishing club!
Here’s what you’ll receive today:
- Weekly fishing reports and TRENDS revealing where the inshore fish are feeding all year long
- Weekly “spot dissection” videos that walk you through all the best spots in certain areas
- Exclusive fishing tips from the PROS you can’t find anywhere else
- Everything you need to start catching fish more consistently (regardless if you fish out of a boat, kayak, or land).