GULP Juice: Does It Work With Non-GULP Fishing Lures?

It’s Berkley Gulp time again!

The other day I posted a video giving you tips on how to save money with Gulp products.

I got a ton of good feedback and questions from that video, including this one:

Does putting non-Gulp lures, such as DOA’s, Zoom, or Z-Man’s in the Gulp juice make them more effective?

Check out the video below for the answer:

Does Putting Non-Gulps In Gulp Juice Help? [VIDEO]

Related links:

Conclusion

What did you think?

Have you used Gulp Alive?

Have you put non-Gulp lures in Gulp juice?

Let me know about your experiences in the comments below!

P.S. have a friend who would like this video? TAG or SHARE this with them!

Do You Want To Quickly Find New Fishing Spots In Your Area?

Then you’ve got to see this private fishing club!

Here’s what you’ll receive today:

• Weekly fishing reports and TRENDS revealing where the inshore fish are feeding all year long
  • Weekly “spot dissection” videos that walk you through all the best spots in certain areas
  • Everything you need to start catching fish more consistently (regardless if you fish out of a boat, kayak, or land).

Robert Golly

i use it on my bucktail jigs. I dip it in the juice every dozen casts. its seems to help on the slow days. could just be my imagination.

Charles Shaw

A while back I moved my gulps into a container like you were using. But over time my gulp juice has decreased in the container. Does Gulp sell a bottle of Gulp Juice by itself to re-fill the container, without having to buy one of the large plastic “jars” of gulp baits to get more juice??

Also, are their different scents for the gulp juice (i.e. does the juice that jerk shads come in “smell” different than the shrimp comes in?)

Cheers!

Chuck

Thomas Marks
2 years ago

You should contact Kishel Scents to test their products. They have been in the business for 40 years.

Tsanko Petry
2 years ago

I tried and didn’t work,the mi gulp im keep in the cooler ,direct contact whith sun make gulp very soft the most 6”.im luse a late lure they break very easy

2 years ago

Gulp is made with polyurethane technology, which can absorb water or some plant based oils as a plasticizer. The Gulp juice is designed to absorb into this urethane matrix. Most other baits are made with silicone which repels water or non silicone oils. I’ve tried it, it just doesn’t absorb it. I once tried to reverse engineer this stuff but my access to an IR spectrophotometer has gone away.

Gen wong
2 years ago

That just answered my own testing results but I have found that the gels scents definitely work better on application to soft and hard bait I found and now use a new scent gel lip glu it comes in salt and fresh formulas

Ron
2 years ago

What are your thoughts about putting live night crawlers or other worms in gulp juice container

Michael Scott
2 years ago

Something I learned years ago from a guy on the pro redfish tour, whether it’s gulp, doa etc etc, is to use a fine wire brush and poke tiny pin holes in the soft baits which will help absorb and hold the scent longer.

Larry
2 years ago

As a 5th generation Florida Native growing up on Pine Island, I used to think everyone knew about getting Juiced. That is, until I moved off island and worked and fished among the Main-landers. My Dad and I would dig up a few clams, keep the juice in a Mason Jar and use the clam meat as bait. We would anchor-up inside one of the Passes on an incoming tide. The Mason jar was tied to the anchor with a short line with the lid on tight punched full of holes with an Ice Pick. After we caught our first Redfish, we tied it to a long string behind the boat and almost always his buddies would soon start stacking up like cord-wood. We would have steady action on our cane poles until the tide changed or a Porpoise came by to see what all the fuss was about.
So if you have an oil-based scented lure, add something like a piece of cloth/gauze or foam soaked in your favorite water-based sent.
Hope this helps. 🙂
“True Confessions of a Fisherman’s son”

James Brown
2 years ago
Reply to  Larry

Larry, your suggestion of attaching a piece of scent-soaked cloth sounds MUCH easier and more likely to be effective than my idea of injecting the scent into the oil based lure.

Joseph Sherer
2 years ago

Ok, Salt Strong is all about sharing, so here goes a share that should help all you fly fisherman & girls out there. I have tested this and I am convinced that it works. If you soak your flies in the gulp juice it WILL help you get more hook ups! Especially if it’s a shrimp or crab pattern. Let them soak overnight and your good to go in the morning, or whenever. Now I resoak them every time before I go again, I don’t think they (Hold onto) the juice that great, but it Does work.

DBC
2 years ago
Reply to  Joseph Sherer

Probably tip your flies with shrimp, you’re a cheat not a fly fisherman!
I fish all disciplines, but when I fly fish I respect the discipline!

James Brown
2 years ago
Reply to  Joseph Sherer

Since Gulp’s juice won’t soak into soft baits made with oil-based plastics, how about injecting that juice into the non-Gulp baits with a syringe. The juice would then leak out slowly and give the same effect. I used to use a similar device to inject an air bubble into a night crawler to cause it to float tail-high behind a slip sinker.

Blackout Chum Is Back! (Get It Now Before It Sells Out Again)

Are you tired of paying high prices for live bait? With this Black Out Chum Powder, you'll have primo bait faster than you can say...

Black Pelican Custom Spinning Rod Review [Top Pros & Cons]

Looking to get a custom fishing rod? In this video I'll break down the pros and cons of my Black Pelican Custom Rod, and custom rods in general.

How To Catch Slams With FROZEN SHRIMP (And Catch Fewer CATFISH)

Need a plan B? Frozen shrimp make excellent baits in tough conditons or if you don't have any live bait. But in order catch fewer catfish...