How To Fish Docks For Redfish (Top Mistakes, Best Lures & More)
By: Joseph Simonds on February 11, 2020
It’s dock fishing time!
One of our favorite types of spots to catch fish (especially in the winter) is docks.
We’ve caught tons of fish, including big redfish and snook, under docks and it’s one of our go-to types of spots if the weather is bad.
They’re great because they provide food and shelter for predator fish, plus you can usually find docks in areas that are protected from wind and rough waters.
But two of the biggest problems with fishing docks are:
- There can be hundreds of docks in a bay—how do you know which ones are likely to hold fish?
- Redfish and snook can easily break off inexperienced (and even professional) anglers on the pilings
In this podcast episode, I’ve brought on Tony and Luke to share some of their favorite tips for catching fish under docks, including:
- Which docks are most likely to hold fish
- The best lures to use under docks (and the weird trick Luke is using to catch more fish under them)
- How to catch fish under docks from both boats and kayaks
- The best times to fish docks—tides, seasons, etc.
- The top mistakes anglers make when fishing under docks (Luke even pulls up a video of me making one of these mistakes)
- How to position your boat and approach docks to catch more fish (and not spook them off)
We do quite a bit of showing online maps and videos in this episode so I’d definitely recommend you watch the video, but you can also listen to it by clicking the play button below the video, or on iTunes, Stitcher, or Spotify.
How To Fish Docks For Redfish [VIDEO]
How To Fish Docks For Redfish [PODCAST]
- How To Catch 24X More Inshore Saltwater Fish (Easy 10-Minute System)
- How To Catch An Inshore Slam Under Pressure
- Get the weedless jig heads Luke mentioned here
- Check out the video from Capt. Mitchell Blake about the best docks for redfish here
I love having Tony and Luke on the podcast!
I always learn a lot about fishing from those two and I especially enjoyed Tony sharing an example of his favorite types of docks.
Have any questions about fishing docks?
Let me know in the comments below!
And if you know someone who wants to catch more snook and redfish under docks, please TAG or SHARE this with them!
P.S. Want access to the best fishing spots, tips, and exclusive gear and discounts? Click here to join us and +12,000 other anglers in the Insider Club!
Stop Wasting Time On The Water!
Do what the “SMART ANGLERS” are doing and join the Insider Club.
Here’s what you’ll receive today when you join:
- Weekly fishing reports and TRENDS revealing exactly where you should fish ever trip
- Weekly “spot dissection” videos that walk you through all the best spots in your area
- Exclusive fishing tips from the PROS you can’t find anywhere else
- Everything you need to start catching fish more consistently (regardless if you fish out of a boat, kayak, or land).