Rod Building 101 (Learning How To Build The Best Fishing Rods)
How are fishing rods assembled?
What makes a fishing rod better than another fishing rod?
Believe it or not, there’s so much more to your fishing rods than you may know!
Fishing rods are powerful and elaborate pieces of equipment that have certain weak points and features that enable you to be an effective angler.
You aren’t going to want to miss out on this edition of the Salt Strong Podcast!
You can watch the video version of this podcast below (which I highly recommend), listen to the audio version by clicking the play button underneath it, or listen to it on iTunes, Stitcher, or Spotify.
Check it all out below!!!
Rod Building 101 [VIDEO]
Rod Building 101 [PODCAST]
- HOW TO MAKE YOUR FISHING ROD LAST 4 TIMES LONGER (AND WHAT MISTAKES TO AVOID)
- EVERYTHING YOU MUST KNOW ABOUT SALTWATER FISHING RODS [WITH TFO’S JIM SHULIN]
We covered a lot in this episode, so here is a timestamped version:
- 1:04 – Mudhole Rod Building Class
- 3:06 – #1 Key Lesson learned at the class
- 4:54 – Importance of Reel choice when building Fishing Rods
- 6:01 – Guide spacing
- 9:26 – Role of the ‘spine’ of the rod blank
- 11:56 – Guide purposes and placement
- 13:51 – Guide sizes
- 18:20 – Attachments with epoxy (Cork, Reel Seat, & Foregrip)
- 22:45 – Custom rods with or without foregrip
- 24:35 – Epoxy on the rod guides
- 26:14 – Keys when applying epoxy
- 27:48 – Fishing Rod Butt Lengths
- 32:29 – Rod blank action and power
- 38:42 – Naming your custom-built rods
- 41:17 – Ease of rod building after learning
- 44:03 – Salt Strong Custom Fishing Rod with Mudhole
- 45:11 – Updates coming to Salt Strong Insider Community
- 49:10 – Weekend Game Plan perks
Fishing rods are an angler’s best tools for casting for fish, finding fish, and reeling fish in.
The more you know about your fishing rod can help you pair it with the best reel and use it in the correct situations.
Be sure to learn more about your fishing rods because you might be using the wrong rod or reel pairing right now!!
Do you have any more questions on fishing rod building?
Let us know down in the comments!
And if you know someone who wants to learn more about fishing rod building, please TAG or SHARE this with them!
P.S. – Want to make explosive, perfect, and masterful casts with your spinning rod, to reach the trophy fish that have no idea you are there… to cast like the pros, all while using less effort than ever before? Check out Casting Mastery.
STOP WASTING TIME ON THE WATER!
Do what the “SMART ANGLERS” are doing and join the Insider Club.
Here’s what you’ll receive today when you join: