How To Make Your Fishing Rod Last 4 Times Longer (And What Mistakes To Avoid)
How can you extend the life of your fishing rod?
Are there ways you can better take care of fishing rods?
You have to be careful with where you store your fishing rods!
A fishing rod is an angler’s most important tool!
How and where you store your rod is important to increase the longevity of its use as well as to keep it whole and intact so it won’t break when you go to set a hook on a fish.
You can watch the video version of this podcast below (which I highly recommend), listen to the audio version by clicking the play button underneath it, or listen to it on iTunes, Stitcher, or Spotify.
Check it all out below!!!
How To Make Your Fishing Rod Last 4 Times Longer [VIDEO]
How To Make Your Fishing Rod Last 4 Times Longer [PODCAST]
- THE PURSUIT OF THE PERFECT INSHORE FISHING ROD (DOES IT EXIST?)
- WHY YOUR SPINNING ROD SHOULD ALWAYS COST MORE THAN YOUR REEL
Here is a timestamped version:
- 1:36 – Rod storage
- 2:24 – Materials that make up a fishing rod
- 4:15 – Things that can hurt a fishing rod
- 4:44 – Epoxy
- 5:14 – Reel seats
- 6:05 – Basic rod maintenance
- 6:30 – Keep your rods inside (NOT in a garage!)
- 8:32 – Effects of temperature and humidity change
- 9:05 – Rod racks and storage options
- 10:06 – Why you shouldn’t lean your rods on anything
- 11:57 – Rod rack is the way to go
- 13:06 – Hanging your rods on the wall
- 14:11 – Keep them indoors and keep them straight
- 14:31 – Rod tip guide
- 15:49 – Fishing Guide exception
- 17:01 – Rod transportation
- 17:35 – Worst transportation mistake
- 19:03 – Consequences of securing your jig or lure to one of the rod guides
- 21:08 – Carolina rig mistakes
- 23:42 – Effect of humidity
- 25:00 – Rod cleaning process
- 26:45 – Importance of removing the reel
- 28:31 – Importance of drying the rod
- 31:34 – Rod cleaning process can become part of your cleanup routine
- 32:38 – Right way to fight a fish (No high-sticking)
- 33:18 – 90-degree rule
- 34:41 – Fiberglass rods
- 34:57 – Pressure points on the rod when fighting a fish
- 36:08 – Proper rod tip positioning when fighting fish
- 37:09 – Fill in the blanks
- 37:57 – It is a fishing ROD and NOT a pole
- 39:37 – Members Only Custom Mudhole Inshore Rod
Fishing gear is an investment and when you have a lot of money put into your tackle and gear, it has to be taken care of with proper procedure and responsibility.
Rods are your most important piece of equipment as an angler because that is how you cast out your lures and bait and then how you fight and handle a fish as you reel it in.
Be sure to listen to these warnings and tips to prevent any damage or harm to your fishing rods!
What is your preferred method of cleaning or storing your fishing rods?
Let us know down in the comments!
And if you know an angler who wants to learn about proper fishing rod storage, please TAG or SHARE this with them!
P.S. Want access to our best fishing spots and tips, plus discounts to our online tackle store? Click here to join us in the Insider Club!
STOP WASTING TIME ON THE WATER!
Do what the “SMART ANGLERS” are doing and join the Insider Club.
Here’s what you’ll receive today when you join: