Fun Exploration Fishing Trip To Safety Harbor With Otis
In this video, you’ll see a fun fishing report from a trip I had earlier this week with Otis to explore some new waters.
I recorded the trip so that you can see what happened… both the good and the bad.
And as usual, Otis made sure to make the trip into new waters an added adventure.
Safety Harbor Fishing Report
Here’s a list of the equipment that I was using on this trip:
- Topwater: Prototype Salt Strong Custom Rod from Mudhole
- Paddletails: Prototype Salt Strong Custom Rod from Mudhole
- Topwater: Daiwa BG MQ 2500
- Paddletails: Prototype Salt Strong Reel (my first time using it)
- Mainline: J-Braid 8 Grand – 10 lb test
- Leaders: Ande Mono – 30 lb
- Scent: Dr. Juice Inshore Slam Scent
- Glasses: Smith Optics Guide’s Choice – Green Mirror Glass
This is another example of the fact that using artificial lures can be a big advantage when fishing in new waters since they enable you to cover water more quickly.
It was just 3 hours from launching the boat and getting back to the ramp, so I had to move fast in order to find some fish (#1 most important task).
The strategies shown in the video above are described in detail in the Insider Report from this trip in which you can see exactly what spots were holding the most fish as well as the tidal cycle that is best.
Leave a comment below if you have any questions.
STOP WASTING TIME ON THE WATER!
Do what the “SMART ANGLERS” are doing and join the Insider Club.
Here’s what you’ll receive today when you join: