How To Save Money On Popping Corks (2 Simple Tips)
By: Tony Acevedo on February 26, 2020
Want to learn how to make your popping corks last longer?
The slitted corks with the pin are great because they’re easy to remove or move up or down your leader if you’re changing depths.
However, they don’t always last long because the leader digs in the cork and it causes it to loosely slide around.
In this video, I’m going to share with you two ways to stop this from happening so you can get more out of your corks and save money on them.
Let’s dive in!
How To Save Money On Popping Corks [VIDEO]
The first way to stop the cork from sliding up and down is to simply wrap the line around the cork, instead of just running it through the middle.
The good thing about this method is that it does a good job of holding the line in place, it’s very quick, and it requires no additional parts.
The bad thing is that if you hook into a big fish, the line may break the cork since it’s wrapped around it.
The other way is to use bobber stops.
Bobber stops are rubber stoppers that keep the cork from sliding up and down the line.
You just put bobber stops above and below the cork and cinch them down to the cork so that it cannot move.
Now the big mistake that most people make when using bobber stops and slitted corks is that they thread the line through the pin.
Since the cork is already loose on the pin, this may result in the cork actually sliding off of it.
If you want to get more out of your slitted popping corks when the inside is worn out, you can:
- Double the line around the cork (if you’re not in an area with big fish).
- Use bobber stops to stop the line from sliding up and down the cork.
Have any questions about getting more life out of your bobbers?
Let me know in the comments below!
And if you know someone who needs to see this tip, please TAG or SHARE this with them!
P.S. Want access to the best fishing spots, tips, and exclusive gear and discounts? Click here to join us and +12,000 other anglers in the Insider Club!
Stop Wasting Time On The Water!
Do what the “SMART ANGLERS” are doing and join the Insider Club.
Here’s what you’ll receive today when you join:
- Weekly fishing reports and TRENDS revealing exactly where you should fish ever trip
- Weekly “spot dissection” videos that walk you through all the best spots in your area
- Exclusive fishing tips from the PROS you can’t find anywhere else
- Everything you need to start catching fish more consistently (regardless if you fish out of a boat, kayak, or land).
- Popping Corks: The Truth About Shapes, Styles & When To Use Each One
- How To Rig A Shrimp Under A Popping Cork Like A Pro
- How To Save 25% On Gulp Shrimp [Bucket vs. Packets]
Disclaimer: When you buy through links on our site, we sometimes earn affiliate commission from places like Amazon, Bass Pro, Tackle Warehouse, etc. It’s one more way we can help you quickly find the best deals on the web while making sure we’re still around to serve you for years to come (and you do want us to be around to help you catch fish for many more years, right)?