The Best Way To Retrieve The Slam Shady EZ ShrimpZ (For More Strikes)

The Z-Man EZ ShrimpZ is a great lure.

And then you add in the Slam Shady color and scent, and you’ve got yourself an irresistible combo!

But if you want to make the most out of this new shrimp lure, you’ll need to know the best way to retrieve it.

So in this new video, you’ll learn the best retrieve (and a quick rigging tip) to get more strikes.

Check it out below!

How To Retrieve The Slam Shady EZ ShrimpZ [VIDEO]

➡ Click here to get the Slam Shady EZ ShrimpZ

If you’re an Insider, you have exclusive access to these new lures so you’ll want to know the best ways to retrieve them.

Spoiler alert: twitch, twitch, pause!

And there are many ways to rig up this lure.

Owner Twistlock.

Trout Eye Jig Head.

Mustad Grip Pin.

But with my preferred retrieve, I like to use a Texas Eye Jig Head.

The biggest reason why I use these jig heads is the articulating eye.

When the lure comes down and settles, the eye allows subtle movement of the shrimp’s body in the water.

There’s a lot of versatility for this lure even when it’s just sitting on the bottom.

For the twitch, twitch, pause retrieve, pop the lure up with your wrist in the opposite direction of where the lure is in the water and incorporate pauses.

Trout and snook will strike as the lure is falling on the pause.

And if you’re targeting redfish, slow down your retrieve and allow a little more time on the bottom in the strike zone.

You can get these lures from our shop here:

And if you want exclusive access to these lures (and other Insider-Only lures),  click here to join us in the Insider Club.

Have any questions about retrieving the EZ ShrimpZ?

Let me know down in the comments!

Jeremy

slow, straight retrieve/slow-rolling it works great for redfish as well*

Last edited 2 months ago by Jeremy Suelflow
Carlos

What type of knot? for the Texas eye jig, you recommended.

Pablo Diaz

Great tip Wyatt – one question – what size was the Texas eye jig you recommend?

Adam Mason

What size jig?

Bob Hartwein

Nice Video Wyatt! My question is when would you use this instead of the POWER PRAWN? The PP has a great action tail sooo?

Bob Hartwein
Reply to  Bob Hartwein

Sorry I didn’t see Corky’s question

Rich

Slam Shady shrimp or Power Prawn?

Mark Brock

I like this rigging method for that lure but was wondering if you think those Texas Eyes could also be used on the Power Prawn?

Pat Ogletree

Good stuff Wyatt! I like the idea of using the Texas Eye on them. I’ve got some of those jig heads but really haven’t found a purpose for them in my normal routine. I’ll have to try that out. Thanks!

Rex Russo

Nice T-tail catch! I’ve never been with anyone who caught, or bragged to have caught, a T-tail on a lure.

Corky Cooper

Wyatt, compare times you would use the slam shady EZ ShrimpZ versus times you would use the Power Prawn. Seems like two great shrimp imitations, and I have done so well with the Power Prawn, when and why would I want to switch to the EZ ShrimpZ? Thanks Corky.

Bob Hartwein
Reply to  Wyatt Parcel

Great Explanation!

Episode 9: How A Bass Angler Learned To Catch Inshore Slams From Scratch In Less Than 3 Months

You've got to hear how this bass angler went from never catching an inshore fish to having multiple inshore grand slams in just months (without a boat)!
No comments

Mosquito Lagoon Seagrass Crisis (Before & After Pictures)

This is outrageous! The seagrass is being decimated and it's only getting worse. See these before and after pictures and learn what...

Strong Angler Of The Week: Mike Farrell

These redfish are almost as big as the kids! Listen to this awesome story of Mike Farrell taking his kids out fishing and putting them on some nice redfish.
No comments