Best Summer Redfish Lures (Plus Where & When To Use Them)
The weather and the redfish bite are heating up!
As the temperatures are getting much warmer and we are approaching summertime, the redfish bite is on fire.
And having the right lures in your tackle box for this time of year is crucial.
So in this video, you’ll learn the best lures to use for targeting redfish as we turn the corner to summer.
Check it out below!
Summer Redfish Tackle [VIDEO]
We reviewed a ton of information in our new segment called “Tea Time with Tony & Wyatt” so here’s a timestamped table of contents:
- 0:41 – What lures to use when sight fishing
- 1:15 – When Tony uses the Alabama Leprechaun
- 1:35 – Use this to store your Gulp baits
- 2:14 – Rigging your jerk shads
- 2:38 – Paddletail rigging for more strikes
- 3:30 – Why scent is crucial right now
- 4:17 – Try out these lures for a more erratic darting action
- 5:40 – If you see activity but cannot seem to get a strike, use this
- 6:36 – Search baits and why you need them
- 7:26 – Are redfish keying in on baitfish or shrimp right now?
- 8:52 – The lure that can imitate many baits
- 9:16 – When to up the size of your paddletail
- 10:50 – Clean water vs. dirty water lures
- 12:32 – Use a wake bait if you don’t know how to walk the dog (and you can learn how to here)
- 13:17 – Larger topwaters are getting crushed by big redfish right now
- 14:18 – What are the times of day to throw a topwater in warmer weather
- 15:16 – The spots and water depths to use a topwater lure
- 18:02 – How big rainfalls affect fishing
- 18:32 – Here’s why you need to change your treble hooks to inline hooks (use this easy method)
- 19:15 – When retrieving a lure for redfish, keep working your bait even if you miss a strike
- 21:47 – The metabolism and feeding habits of redfish in rising temperatures
- 22:46 – Does your retrieval method need to change for summertime?
- 23:35 – How to adjust your presentation with different weighted jigheads or hooks
- 25:50 – Which lure to throw first for redfish
- 27:09 – Casting strategy for summertime redfish
- 28:27 – Redfish tactics for boat, kayak, and wading
- 30:07 – Know the trends and have the tools to find fish by joining the Insider Club
- 31:22 – Catching redfish with a 2×4 and treble hooks
Here are our favorite lures to use for redfish as summertime approaches:
The feeding behaviors of redfish definitely change throughout the year, especially when temperatures really start to rise.
As the water temperatures rise, redfish get very aggressive.
So, you’ll need the right lure paired with a solid retrieval method to catch more redfish this time of year.
What’s your favorite lure to use in the summer for redfish?
Let me know down in the comments!
And if you know someone who is targeting redfish this summer, please TAG or SHARE this with them!
P.S. Want access to our best fishing spots and tips, plus discounts to our online tackle store? Click here to join us in the Insider Club!
- HOW TO CATCH BIG REDFISH ON TINY LURES (EVEN IF THEY’RE EXTRA SPOOKY)
- HOW TO USE TOPWATER LURES TO CATCH REDFISH & TROUT
- BEST REDFISH, SNOOK, POMPANO, & TROUT LURES FOR SUMMER
Disclaimer: When you buy through links on our site, we sometimes earn affiliate commission from places like Amazon, Bass Pro, Tackle Warehouse, etc. It’s one more way we can help you quickly find the best deals on the web while making sure we’re still around to serve you for years to come (and you do want us to be around to help you catch fish for many more years, right)?
STOP WASTING TIME ON THE WATER!
Do what the “SMART ANGLERS” are doing and join the Insider Club.
Here’s what you’ll receive today when you join: