Testing The Effectiveness of Fish Gum From The Surf!

Once again I hit the beach with Capt. B – this time testing the effectiveness of Fish Gum!

Does it really make a huge difference?

Plus, Capt. B shows you exactly what you need to look for when picking spots from the sand.

Take a look!

Testing The Effectiveness of Fish Gum [VIDEO]

Not a member? Then click here to join the Insider Club today so you can get access to Smart Fishing Spotsdiscounts on the tackle in our shop, and much more.

Beach Fishing Tips, Tactics, & MORE [How To Find Spots!]

FEATURED RODS:

FEATURED REELS:

RIGS & ACCESSORIES:

We conducted a Fish Gum vs NO Fish Gum experiment.

We set up 8 rigs all with pieces of shrimp.

The rigs we were using each had two hooks.

So we put shrimp on both hooks plus Fish Gum on ONE of the hooks.

The final results of this test was Fish Gum caught one additional fish than just shrimp.

However, as far as quality fish, Fish Gum caught the two biggest fish of the day.

Beach Spot Selection

The spot we chose was right in front of a deep drop-off adjacent to several sand bars.

The current was sweeping into the deep hole and the fish were feeding on bait there as well.

Right now, pockets of cold water are colliding with warm water out in the surf.

Shallow water will warm up faster than deeper water.

Don’t forget to target troughs that are closer to the beach this spring.

You’ll want to find cooler patches of water for those pompano.

FINDING THE FISH HELP

In order to help make sure that you are targeting the right areas based on the latest feeding trends and upcoming weather forecasts, make sure to use the following 3 resources because they will save you a ton of time.

1. WEEKEND GAME PLANS (UPDATED WEEKLY)

These regional game plans will show you exactly what types of spots to target in under 10 minutes… just click the video to start, and you’ll be informed on what to do on your next trip.

➡Weekend Game Plan Lessons

2. SMART FISHING SPOTS PLATFORM (UPDATED EVERY 15 MINUTES)

This exclusive software literally shows you where the most fish are likely to be feeding based on exactly when you’ll be fishing. It factors in the tides, wind, and weather to help you quickly see which areas to target throughout the day.

➡Smart Fishing Spots App

3. COMMUNITY REPORTS (LIVE FEED)

The Insider Community platform is what you can use to see what is biting near you, and you can get to know other members who fish in your area. Plus, you can use it to keep a log of your catches so you can use past trips to help predict future catches.

➡Community Platform

90/10 ZONE INSHORE FISHING NEWSLETTER

Oh, and be sure to sign up for FREE Access to Salt Strong’s 90/10 Zone Newsletter!

It’s the Ultimate Inshore Fishing Blast with the MOST RECENT on-the-water updates, weekly trends, hot lures, catches of the week, fish tales, conservation news, and everything else for Inshore Fishing…

Sent to your inbox free once a week!

➡90/10 Newsletter

Matt Casper

Thanks Luke for the surf fishing segments! I do both inshore and surf fishing when I get a chance depending on what in-laws we are visiting. lol. Love that y’all are covering different types of fishing. It’s so much fun to see what y’all learn and pass along! Great stuff! I should be ready for whatever comes my way thanks to Salt Strong!

William Cox

I’ve been primarily using FishGum with fresh shrimp for 3+ years now. Please don’t get me wrong I still also use Fish Bites. I say what ever the fish want, use it. I have caught Whiting, Pompano, Drum and good ol’ catfish using only FishGum. IMO I find it works extraordinairly well for Surf fishing.

FishGum also has product by the name of OP Bait Soak. You pour the powder over your fresh shrimp. The scent is absorbed deep into the bait, allowing the bait to draw fish to your bait.

If you could eventually give OP a test I would be interested in your thoughts.

Joel Panian

Thanks for the video Luke!

William Clifford

Thanks for the info. Hopefully try surf fishing in Galveston soon.

Eduardo Ramos

Great test and advice!!

Thomas Utley

Not surfed fished for many years but I think I am going to have to try it again in the area and give this fish gum a shot myself.. I also would like to see more testing of the product …. !

John Hourigan

Very interesting, Luke!

leroy searing

Great video!! I will have to try fish gum. Is it similar to fish bite?

TIM AIKEN

Thanks for adding more surf fishing this is more accessible type of fishing for me for sure.

William Travers

I love using fish gum with other baits or rigging it alone. It’s tough stuff and holds other baits to the hook. I keep a variety of flavors cut to different lengths in a zip lock. I give it 👍👍

What Size Paddletail Lure Should You Use For Winter Fishing?

What is the must-have size in terms of paddletail lures in winter? Should you use smaller paddletails or larger lures? The answer is...

Topwater Lure As A Popping Cork? You’ve Got To See This!!!

Have you ever used a topwater lure as a popping cork? It's awesome! Instead of having fish hit the popping cork with nothing to show for it, now you can...

Get Instant Access To “The Inshore Fishing Manifesto” PDF Now

You’ll automatically be emailed a private link to download your PDF, plus you’ll be added to the Salt Strong Newsletter.
(Please double-check your email below to ensure delivery.)