How To Catch Bass On The Best Saltwater Lures (Line, Rigs & Tactics)
Want to know the best saltwater lures that bass can’t resist?
You might not know this, but all of the Salt Strong fishing coaches also love catching largemouth bass.
And each of us has used some of our saltwater lures to catch some nice bass this year!
The best news is that you don’t need to go out and buy all new rods, reels, line, and lures to catch bass.
In fact, some of the saltwater lures you probably already own can out-perform many of the bass lures of today.
So sit back, relax, and enjoy this fun discussion on the best lures for catching ditch pickles.
Check it out below!
You can watch the video version of this podcast below (which I highly recommend), listen to the audio version by clicking the play button underneath it, or listen to it on iTunes, Stitcher, or Spotify.
Best Saltwater Lures For Catching Bass [VIDEO]
Best Saltwater Lures For Catching Bass [PODCAST]
- STRIKE SPOTS: NEW TOOL THAT PREDICTS INSHORE FEEDING ZONES
- HOW TO FIND 90% OF ALL FEEDING FISH IN YOUR AREA (90/10 FISHING RULE)
You can follow the timestamped table of contents:
- 0:59 – How is bass one of the top species tagged in a saltwater club?
- 3:42 – Jerk baits for bass on weighted hooks
- 5:28 – Fishing in a clear bass pond with these lures (and crushing it)
- 7:33 – The most versatile soft plastic lure to catch tons of bass
- 8:12 – What to look for to know where the bass are (hint: structure)
- 10:52 – Lure and rigging to use around different types of structure
- 14:31 – The Texas Eye Jig Head (what is it and why is it so great?)
- 17:23 – Catching BIG tilapia on a Redfish Magic Spinner Bait
- 19:12 – How and where to work chatterbaits for bass
- 22:08 – The trusty weedless spoon will catch anything
- 24:34 – Do you need 50# to 80# braid to catch big bass?
- 26:05 – Use this leader to catch bass and not get broken off
- 26:24 – Line abrasion tests (Braid vs Fluoro vs Mono)
- 29:03 – Get a good rod so you know when you have a bite
- 33:05 – Be patient with bass once you have the hookset
- 37:16 – Bass on topwater during the twilight hours
- 39:44 – The Zoom Horny Toad in fresh and saltwater
- 42:01 – We are about in the time of year to catch super aggressive bass
- 43:22 – Slow down your retrieve with topwater for bass
- 44:26 – Here are 2 lures to take if you want to keep it simple
- 46:40 – Real-time content, same-day fishing reports, and live calls with coaches
Here are the lures and hooks mentioned in this episode:
- Slam Shady 2.0
- Slam Shady Bomber
- Moonwalker Topwater (Insider Only)
- Power Prawn
- Alabama Leprechaun
- Redfish Magic Spinner Bait
- Zoom Horny Toad
- Owner Twistlock Weighted Hook
- Texas Eye Jig Head
Bass fishing is a ton of fun, easily accessible, and you can use the same inshore setup that you use for redfish, snook, and speckled trout.
What are your go-to bass lures that can also be used in saltwater?
Let me know down in the comments!
And if you know an angler who loves to catch bass, please TAG or SHARE this with them!
P.S. Want access to our best fishing spots and tips, plus discounts to our online tackle store? Click here to join us in the Insider Club!
STOP WASTING TIME ON THE WATER!
Do what the “SMART ANGLERS” are doing and join the Insider Club.
Here’s what you’ll receive today when you join: