How To Catch Big Sharks, Grouper, & Snapper In A New Spot
Do you want to know the best way to catch big sharks, grouper, and snapper in a new area?
If you’ve never fished an area, you’ll want to know some tactics to not get skunked.
On a recent trip up to Carrabelle, we had to figure out how to quickly get on some fish in a new place.
Listen in as we get Wyatt hooked up with a big bull shark and catch some snapper and grouper along the way.
Check it out below!
You can watch the video version of this podcast below (which I highly recommend), listen to the audio version by clicking the play button underneath it, or listen to it on iTunes, Stitcher, or Spotify.
Big Shark Fight & Finding Fish In New Places [VIDEO]
Big Shark Fight & Finding Fish In New Places [PODCAST]
- 5 SALTWATER FISHING LURES THAT WORK ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD
- HOW TO FIND 90% OF ALL FEEDING FISH IN YOUR AREA (90/10 FISHING RULE)
In this episode, we headed up north to Carrabelle, Florida to fish a completely new area with a fishing guide (Capt. Hollywood) who lives in the Keys full time and happened to be visiting as well.
And here’s a timestamped table of contents:
- 0:27 – Snapper, Grouper, Cobia, Flounder on the Power Prawn (with the Juice)
- 1:16 – Bull shark or reef shark?
- 2:12 – Bud Light plus the Simrad find fish
- 3:32 – How to fight BIG fish
- 6:22 – What do you do when a big fish goes under the boat?
- 7:10 – #6 Wire & Pogies get it done
- 8:35 – Carrabelle is a fishing destination! Get hooked up!
- 10:42 – Wyatt’s still fighting this big shark
- 11:02 – Sneaking illegal beverages onto Hollywood’s boat
- 14:51 – Release on the bigger sharks
- 15:57 – How to get a Power Prawn lure down in deeper water
- 17:02 – Here’s what to look for on your fishfinder
- 17:41 – Tactic for covering ground and drifting
- 20:41 – The LY bait and the size of cut bait to use
- 19:58 – Best rig for catching bigger fish in 50 – 70 feet of water
- 22:07 – Hooking your cut bait to catch grouper and snapper
- 25:10 – And Wyatt’s on another big shark!
Fishing in a new place can be tough.
But if you know what to look for and what bait to bring, you’ll have a much better chance of catching fish!
How do you find fish in new spots?
What do you think about Wyatt’s choice of beverage?
Let me know down in the comments!
And if you know an angler who will be fishing in unfamiliar waters soon, please TAG or SHARE this with them!
STOP WASTING TIME ON THE WATER!
Do what the “SMART ANGLERS” are doing and join the Insider Club.
Here’s what you’ll receive today when you join: