How To Adjust Your Tactics For Pre & Post Storm Fishing
It’s summertime and that means afternoon storms (and hurricanes)!
And typically that gets the fish fired up!
But is it better to fish before or after a storm?
In this video, you’ll learn:
- The best lures to use for pre and post-storm fishing
- Where to go fish before and after a storm
- What to look for and what to avoid
- And so much more
Check it out!
Fishing Before & After Storms [VIDEO]
We reviewed a ton of information so here’s a timestamped table of contents:
- 0:38 – Pre-frontal fishing (when to go)
- 2:02 – Power fishing before a storm
- 2:24 – Two lures to use for a pre-frontal bite
- 3:34 – Pressure changes and how they fire up the fish
- 4:01 – Bigger lures to get the bigger fish that are feeding aggressively
- 5:18 – Fishing during the rain
- 6:05 – Watch the weather and be safe
- 7:59 – Go to a bridge to find calm water and cover from the rain
- 9:27 – Afternoon thunderstorms produce a great bite (after the storm)
- 11:45 – Check the radar often
- 12:17 – Here’s why fishing can be great after a hurricane
- 15:24 – Try to find great current flow and clear water
- 16:41 – Inflow vs outflow points
- 18:02 – Trout activity in post-storm scenarios
- 19:29 – Snook, tarpon, trout, reds, and flounder will be here
- 20:24 – Lures to throw post-storm
- 22:01 – This is the place to use a shrimp lure on the outgoing tide
- 23:22 – Trophy hunting after a storm
- 25:57 – Luke’s go-to lures for clean and murky water
- 27:18 – Key tactic for pre/during/post-frontal
- 28:14 – Take this lure with you (just in case)
- 30:57 – Don’t forget about positioning and approach when it’s windy
- 33:11 – Above all else, be safe out there!
Here are the lures we recommended:
- Slam Shady 2.0
- Slam Shady Bomber
- Moonwalker Topwater (Insider Only)
- Gold Digger (Insider Only)
- Slam Shady EZ ShrimpZ (Insider Only)
- Power Prawn (Insider Only)
- Aqua Dream Weedless Spoon
The time before and after a storm front can be a really fun bite if you have the right lures and tactics.
And you’ll want to have a good plan too!
When do you think is the best time to fish: before or after storms?
Let me know down in the comments!
And if you know someone who believes that fishing before a storm is best, please TAG or SHARE this with them!
P.S. Want access to our best fishing spots and tips, plus discounts to our online tackle store? Click here to join us in the Insider Club!
STOP WASTING TIME ON THE WATER!
Do what the “SMART ANGLERS” are doing and join the Insider Club.
Here’s what you’ll receive today when you join: