Fishing Etiquette FAILS (Don’t Do These Things On The Water!)
It’s happened to all of us on the water!
So in this episode, we have the Salt Strong team on to share some of the craziest fishing etiquette fails that have happened to us.
We even share a few things that we’ve accidentally done in the past (aka learning lessons).
If you love hearing about the crazy things that happen out on the water from googans or jet skiiers, then you’re going to love this.
And if you’re a new angler or boater and want to make sure you have proper etiquette, this is a must-listen-to episode!
Fishing Etiquette Fails [VIDEO]
Fishing Etiquette Fails [PODCAST]
- HOW TO FIND 90% OF ALL FEEDING FISH IN YOUR AREA (90/10 FISHING RULE)
- SALTWATER FISHING TACKLE MISTAKES: A GUIDE FOR NEWBIES
Here’s a timestamped table of contents:
- 1:05 – Meet the cast of characters
- 3:49 – Check out Luke’s new haircut
- 4:12 – The no-motor zone violation
- 6:33 – Seadoos (love them or hate them)
- 8:43 – Pier fishing rules of respect
- 13:02 – How small crafts sink in no-wake zones
- 15:05 – You are liable to damages (it’s the law)
- 16:15 – This is why you must be aware of who is around you
- 17:34 – Small crafts like kayaks don’t belong in a channel
- 19:04 – Don’t cross this line
- 21:30 – Justin’s beach snook incident
- 23:15 – Practice coastal distancing
- 25:18 – New boat owner’s stressful situation
- 27:37 – Boat ramp fails
- 28:05 – Make sure you are ready to launch when you are on the ramp
- 29:15 – Top 5 boat ramp mistakes video
- 30:43 – Do you really need a headlamp?
- 32:17 – Let’s all drift together
- 33:25 – Here’s beach space rule
- 34:31 – Stay in your casting lane (on the pier)
- 37:52 – You’re in the fishing war zone here
- 39:44 – Please ask before you cast
- 41:27 – Hand grenades and seadoo torpedos
- 42:04 – Hey, I like your piling
- 43:01 – This is how to be respectful under a bridge
- 44:10 – Do not cut off Tony on a shoreline
- 46:08 – Can you claim a spot that you aren’t anchored to?
- 46:47 – How much distance do you need on the flats
- 48:15 – Skip the docks if you see this
- 49:35 – Order of respect: Wade > Kayak > Boat
- 50:58 – Justin is a repeat offender
- 52:58 – Anglers helping anglers
Inevitably there will be a situation where rules are not being followed and that can be downright frustrating.
And sometimes dangerous.
So, my advice is: read the signs, take a safety course, but most of all…
What are your best stories of fishing etiquette fails?
Let me know down in the comments!
And if you know someone who is just starting out, needs to hear this, or just wants a good laugh, please TAG or SHARE this with them!
P.S. Want access to our best fishing spots and tips, plus discounts to our online tackle store? Click here to join us in the Insider Club!
STOP WASTING TIME ON THE WATER!
Do what the “SMART ANGLERS” are doing and join the Insider Club.
Here’s what you’ll receive today when you join: