Inshore Fishing With Toddlers “Hooked On Family”
By: Joseph Simonds on July 9, 2019
It’s easy to look at a problem and think, “Well, that’s just the way it is, I can’t do anything about it…”
That’s what most people do…
But some problems are too important to have a helpless attitude about.
For example, the fact that kids are addicted to their devices, and playing outside less.
A few weeks ago I recorded a podcast talking about this problem and the negative effects it has on the future of our environment and kids.
I got tons of excellent feedback, including an email from Scott Brown, a dad of two, a bad to the bone military guy, and a fishing captain.
He brought up a great point: these addictive devices and social media platforms aren’t going away anytime soon, so how can we leverage them to help our kids get outside more, and enjoy fishing more?
He has a YouTube channel, Hooked On Family, where he goes out fishing with his wife, three-year-old son, and six-month-old daughter.
He’s taught his toddler to love fishing, and they’re all outside enjoying the great outdoors together.
In this podcast we talk about:
- How to set your kids up for success on the water (so they can learn to love fishing)
- What to do with kids if you’re not catching fish
- How fishing can come full-circle in your family (he shares a great story about him and his grandfather)
- Why fishing helps you bond with your family
- How fishing can set your kids up for success in life (hint: the life lessons it teaches you are invaluable!)
And much more!
How To Get Kids Hooked On Fishing [PODCAST]
Toddler Catches Bonefish [VIDEO]
Toddler vs. Tarpon [VIDEO]
Toddler Fly Fishing [VIDEO]
Be sure to keep up with Hooked On Family’s YouTube channel at the link below:
Have any questions about fishing with kids?
Let us know in the comments below!
And if you know someone who wants to fish more with their kids, be sure to share this with them!
P.S. If you want to become a better fisherman, so you can have more fun on the water, join our Insider Club here.
Do You Want To Quickly Find New Fishing Spots In Your Area?
Then you’ve got to see this private fishing club!
Here’s what you’ll receive today:
- Weekly fishing reports and TRENDS revealing where the inshore fish are feeding all year long
- Weekly “spot dissection” videos that walk you through all the best spots in certain areas
- Exclusive fishing tips from the PROS you can’t find anywhere else
- Everything you need to start catching fish more consistently (regardless if you fish out of a boat, kayak, or land).