How To Maximize Your Results With Slam Shady Paddletails [Rigging, Retrieving, & Size Selection]
By: Luke Simonds on September 24, 2019
This page will show you how to get the most fish catching with your Slam Shady paddletails throughout all seasons with the least amount of equipment needed.
The great thing about soft plastics is that they are so versatile and can be effectively used in so many different applications making them a lure type that can catch fish in pretty much all regions throughout the year.
But the bad thing about soft plastics is that they won’t work well at all if they aren’t rigged properly or if they aren’t paired with the right sized jig head or weighted hook.
So the videos below will walk you through the essential details to make sure that you know the specifics for the following:
- Proper rigging for the top jig heads and weighted hooks
- Most effective retrieve for the 3 core applications
- Size selection shortcuts [3″ vs. 4″ vs. 5″]
Just click on the respective videos below to see the details:
How To Rig Slam Shady 2.0
How To Rig Slam Shady (Original)
How To Retrieve Paddletails
How To Select The Right Size
- 3/0 Owner TwistLock with 1/16 oz weight – great for 0 to 2 ft depths
- 3/0 Owner TwistLock with 1/8 oz weight (FAVORITE) – great for 1 to 2.5 ft depths
- 4/0 Owner TwistLock with 1/8 oz weight – good for 1 to 2.5 ft depths, but I like the 3/0 option better
- 1/8th oz Trout Eye – great for depths of 2 to 4 ft
- 3/16th oz Trout Eye (FAVORITE) – great for depths of 2.5 to 5 ft
- 1/4th oz Trout Eye – great for depths of 4 to 8 ft
Species Caught On The Slam Shady
Want to join us on our way to setting a world record for most species of fish caught on a single swimbait (of the same color)?
Below is the list of species that have been caught on this lure so leave a comment below and send us a picture at firstname.lastname@example.org if you’ve caught a new species on the Slam Shady!
- Bigmouth Sleeper
- Black Drum
- Black Sea Bass
- Brown Trout
- Channel Cat (catfish)
- Coho Salmon
- Cubera Snapper
- Freshwater Catfish
- Freshwater Drum
- Gafftopsail Catfish
- Gag Grouper
- Hybrid Striped Bass
- Jack Crevalle
- Lake Trout (Canada)
- Largemouth Bass
- Mangrove Snapper
- Mayan Cichlid
- Northern Pike
- Peacock Bass
- Rainbow Trout
- Red Grouper
- Redfish (Red Drum)
- Rock Bass
- Sea Robin
- Shark (multiple species)
- Silver Sea Trout (Sand Trout)
- Smallmouth Bass
- Smoothback Puffer
- Snook (common)
- Spanish Mackerel
- Speckled Perch
- Speckled Trout
- Striped Bass
- Swordspine Snook
- Warmouth Bass
- White Bass
- Yellow Perch
These Slam Shady paddletails will enable you to catch quality fish across all seasons and water columns as long as they are paired with the proper jig head or weighted hook for the specific conditions you’ll be fishing.
To maximize your results, it’s very important to have the size selections listed above on hand because just that small amount of equipment will enable you to be ready to catch any species that feed on small baitfish anywhere in the water column from the surface all the way down to 7 ft…
And if you’ll be fishing deeper water, you’ll just need to get some heavier jig heads to enable the lures to dive down farther.
Your Feedback Is Appreciated!
Please leave a comment down below if you have any questions… I am here to help!
And if you have already begun using them, please use the Comment sections below let us know what size slam shady you like best along with the hook and jig head size.
P.S. If you want to get 20% off the Slam Shady paddletails, the weighted hooks, and the jig heads, plus discounts on tons of other gear, click here to join the Insider Club.
Stop Wasting Time On The Water!
Do what the “SMART ANGLERS” are doing and join the Insider Club.
Here’s what you’ll receive today when you join:
- Weekly fishing reports and TRENDS revealing exactly where you should fish ever trip
- Weekly “spot dissection” videos that walk you through all the best spots in your area
- Exclusive fishing tips from the PROS you can’t find anywhere else
- Everything you need to start catching fish more consistently (regardless if you fish out of a boat, kayak, or land).
- 20% OFF ALL of the fishing tackle you’re already buying!