How To Catch An Inshore Slam In New Waters (Without A Boat)
This intel is priceless!
Have you ever traveled to a new city or state and wanted to catch redfish and inshore slams?
In this new episode, we team up with author and YouTube creator John Skinner where he shares exactly how he dialed in the Florida flats and mangroves even though he’s from New York.
Listen in as John shares his frustrations, what’s different, what’s the same, and how he was finally able to dial in the redfish (and tarpon, snook, trout, grouper) in a brand new area.
Inshore Slams In New Waters [VIDEO]
Inshore Slams In New Waters [PODCAST]
- HOW TO FIND 90% OF ALL FEEDING FISH IN YOUR AREA (90/10 FISHING RULE)
- STRIKE SPOTS: NEW TOOL THAT PREDICTS INSHORE FEEDING ZONES
Here’s a timestamped table of contents:
- 2:50 – How to become a successful angler quickly in new waters
- 4:40 – Here’s how to find current and a channel
- 5:09 – Try to find structure like mangroves
- 6:39 – Turning off your sonar around spooky fish
- 7:21 – Know when to move
- 8:25 – Current, deeper water, birds, bait, mangroves = recipe for success
- 8:57 – Two lures you must have on your kayak
- 11:15 – Dolphins push the fish closer into structure and how to react to them
- 12:15 – The one lure that will catch basically everything
- 13:28 – Do you need live bait to catch fish?
- 16:15 – Fish around points and move around
- 16:41 – Give a spot a little break if the bite dies down and come back to it; it works!
- 17:15 – Always take into account the environmental changes in an area
- 18:05 – Using the Heddon Super Spook anywhere you are
- 19:10 – Shallow water tips you must hear
- 22:13 – Water temperature’s effect on fishing
- 23:45 – This popular northern lure crushes fish down south
- 24:19 – Understanding tides in your region is incredibly important
- 25:43 – The most universal lure in the world
- 26:23 – Grouper fishing in the Everglades
- 27:48 – Northern gear does transfer over to fishing in other areas
- 29:08 – Drifting your kayak and using a trolling motor to catch big grouper
You can get all of John’s courses here:
Even when you’re in unfamiliar territory, you can catch an inshore slam (and much more)!
You just have to bring the right lures, understand the tides and current flow, and key in on finding structure.
Do you have a success story when fishing in a new place?
Have any questions about how to fish in new waters?
Let us know about it down in the comments!
And if you know someone who will be fishing in unfamiliar waters, please TAG or SHARE this with them!
P.S. Want access to our best fishing spots and tips, plus discounts to our online tackle store? Click here to join us in the Insider Club!
STOP WASTING TIME ON THE WATER!
Do what the “SMART ANGLERS” are doing and join the Insider Club.
Here’s what you’ll receive today when you join: