Jig Head Comparison: Redfish Eye Vs. Trout Eye [VIDEO]
By: Tony Acevedo on September 23, 2019
If you ever get confused on which jig heads to use, I don’t blame you!
There are tons of options and they can all seem like they do the same thing.
We could go on and on about which jig heads to choose, but for the sake of this video I’m going to compare just two of them:
The Z-Man Trout Eye Jig Head vs. the Z-Man Redfish Eye Jig Head.
At first glimpse, they might seem nearly identical, but there are some crucial differences which should dictate which one you should use and when.
To see those differences and when to use each one, watch the video below.
Redfish Eye vs. Trout Eye [VIDEO]
To get the Trout Eye jig head from our shop (Insiders only), click here.
And to get the Redfish eye jig head from Amazon, click here.
When you’re using jig heads, it’s important to consider how long the shank of the hook is.
If it’s really long, you should use it with bigger soft plastics, such as those over 5″, and if the shank of the hook is shorter, it should be used with soft plastics in the 2-4″ range.
Have any questions about choosing jig heads?
Let us know in the comments below!
And if you know someone who uses jig heads and soft plastics, please TAG or SHARE this with them!
P.S. Want the best fishing spots, access to exclusive fishing gear and discounts, and the best fishing tips and strategies? Join us in the Insider Club!
Do You Want To Quickly Find New Fishing Spots In Your Area?
Then you’ve got to see this private fishing club!
Here’s what you’ll receive today:
- Weekly fishing reports and TRENDS revealing where the inshore fish are feeding all year long
- Weekly “spot dissection” videos that walk you through all the best spots in certain areas
- Exclusive fishing tips from the PROS you can’t find anywhere else
- Everything you need to start catching fish more consistently (regardless if you fish out of a boat, kayak, or land).
- How To Pick Out The Best Jig Heads (In A Busy Tackle Store)
- How To Rig Berkley Gulp Saltwater Shrimp For More Bites [Product Review]
- How To Rig Shrimp On A Jig-Head Like A PRO (VIDEO)
Disclaimer: When you buy through links on our site, we sometimes earn affiliate commission from places like Amazon, Bass Pro, Tackle Warehouse, etc. It’s one more way we can help you quickly find the best deals on the web while making sure we’re still around to serve you for years to come (and you do want us to be around to help you catch fish for many more years, right)?