Jigging Around Bridges For Monster Bull Redfish (3 Must-Know Tips)
By: Joe Simonds on October 9, 2019
It’s fall and you know what that means…
Big bull redfish!
And by “big” we don’t mean slightly over-slot redfish…
We’re talking 50″ bull redfish!
I’ve got a video for you from Dan Craig, creator of DC Stix Custom Rods, where he’s revealing his secrets of how he caught some massive redfish by jigging under a bridge recently.
- The exact lure he was using
- How he was retrieving the lure
- The precise type of spot he was fishing in (so you can do the same in your local waters)
- And how to fish these types of spots on both an incoming and an outgoing tide
Watch the video below to learn how to catch big bull redfish this fall and be sure to leave your questions down in the comments!
Jigging Bridges For Big Bull Reds [VIDEO]
Were those some awesome reds or what?
When you’re jigging under bridges, keep these three things in mind:
1. Retrieve your lure with the current
The fish are looking for the current to bring them an easy meal, so make sure to:
- Position your boat down current of the bridge
- Cast up current
- Retrieve your lure with the current in the same direction a baitfish would be swimming.
If you retrieve your lure against the current, your lure will likely come from behind the fish, not look natural, and won’t get bit.
2. Fish as close to the pylons as you can
These fish are holding tight to the structure, hanging out behind it and out of the current, and then darting out when they see a struggling baitfish float by.
If you fish too far from the pylon, the fish may not see your bait, and you’ll be going home skunked.
3. Bounce your jig off the bottom
These big reds are holding close to the bottom, so when you cast, let your lure sink to the bottom before you start retrieving.
Are you going to try to jig up some bridge monsters this fall?
Huge thanks to Dan Craig for making this video.
If you want to keep up with him and his fishing adventures or order a custom rod, you can do so at the links below:
- His website, FishDCStix.com
- His YouTube channel, Fish DC Stix
- His Facebook page
- His Instagram @FishDCStix
Have any questions about bridge fishing?
Let us know in the comments below!
And if you know someone who would love to catch some monsters like this, TAG or SHARE this with them!
P.S. If you want the best local fishing spots, access to exclusive gear, and real-time fishing reports and tips, join us and +9,000 other anglers in the Insider Club!
Do You Want To Quickly Find New Fishing Spots In Your Area?
Then you’ve got to see this private fishing club!
Here’s what you’ll receive today:
- Weekly fishing reports and TRENDS revealing where the inshore fish are feeding all year long
- Weekly “spot dissection” videos that walk you through all the best spots in certain areas
- Exclusive fishing tips from the PROS you can’t find anywhere else
- Everything you need to start catching fish more consistently (regardless if you fish out of a boat, kayak, or land).
- How To Fish Bridges From Shore (Best Baits, Spots & More)
- 4 Must-Know Redfish Tips (Plus FREE PDF Cheat Sheet)
- How To Consistently Catch Redfish, Snook, & Seatrout [Inshore Manifesto]
- How To Catch Redfish Like A Pro [3 Shortcuts To Success]
Disclaimer: When you buy through links on our site, we sometimes earn affiliate commission from places like Amazon, Bass Pro, Tackle Warehouse, etc. It’s one more way we can help you quickly find the best deals on the web while making sure we’re still around to serve you for years to come (and you do want us to be around to help you catch fish for many more years, right)?