How To Organize All Your Fishing Tackle Into One Bag
By: Tony Acevedo on December 30, 2019
Are you bringing too much tackle out on your fishing trips?
Sure, you may have everything you need, but it can often take forever searching through all your bags and boxes to try find the one thing you need.
In this video, I’m going to show you how I organize all of my fishing tackle into just a few small boxes that all fit in one bag.
These boxes have everything I need and allow me to quickly find, replace, or put away whatever I’m using.
Organizing Your Fishing Tackle [VIDEO]
Here’s what I usually bring on my fishing trips:
- 1-2 Plano 3640‘s (about the size of my two hands)
- 2 Plano 3440‘s (about the size of a cell phone)
- 1 Ziplock gallon bag
Below is what I usually have in these bags.
What I Bring For Inshore Fishing
If I’m planning on using mostly artificial lures, here’s what I’ll bring:
In the 2 Plano 3640‘s I have one box for my hooks, jig heads, and split shots, and one box for my hard baits.
I actually don’t use that many hard baits, so if I wanted to I could just take a few topwaters from my hard baits box and throw them in the terminal tackle box.
In the 2 Plano 3440‘s I usually have my Gulp baits or Fish Bites.
I’ll usually put all of this in a cooler or dry bag.
What I Bring When Pier, Jetty or Surf Fishing
When I’m fishing from a pier, jetty, or even the surf, I’ll simplify my tackle.
I’ll usually bring one Plano 3640 with weights, swivels, and hooks.
I’ll also bring my cutting tools and a few spools of leader.
As far as leader material goes, I like to bring 20-60 lb leader, depending on the structure and species I’m targeting.
By simplifying my tackle to only a few small boxes, fishing is much easier and enjoyable, plus I don’t need to stress about where anything is.
Do you have any tips or hacks to organize your fishing tackle?
Let me know in the comments below!
And if you know someone who needs to get more organized, please TAG or SHARE this with them!
P.S. Want access to the best fishing spots, tips, and exclusive gear and discounts? Click here to join us and +10,000 other anglers in the Insider Club!
Do You Want To Quickly Find New Fishing Spots In Your Area?
Then you’ve got to see this private fishing club!
Here’s what you’ll receive today:
- Weekly fishing reports and TRENDS revealing where the inshore fish are feeding all year long
- Weekly “spot dissection” videos that walk you through all the best spots in certain areas
- Exclusive fishing tips from the PROS you can’t find anywhere else
- Everything you need to start catching fish more consistently (regardless if you fish out of a boat, kayak, or land).
- Massive School Of Drum Inhaling This Lure (All Caught On Film)!
- 11 Things You Need For A Successful Wade Fishing Trip (That All Fit Into A Small Pack)
- 7 Tips For Choosing A High-Quality Inshore Spinning Rod
- How To Save 25% On Gulp Shrimp [Bucket vs. Packets]
Disclaimer: When you buy through links on our site, we sometimes earn affiliate commission from places like Amazon, Bass Pro, Tackle Warehouse, etc. It’s one more way we can help you quickly find the best deals on the web while making sure we’re still around to serve you for years to come (and you do want us to be around to help you catch fish for many more years, right)?