How To Choose The RIGHT Saltwater Trolling Motor
Saltwater trolling motors are an important part of effectively fishing an inshore flat or working mangroves along a coastline.
But, how do you know which trolling motor is the RIGHT one for you?
With so many trolling motors out there and varying levels of experience, we decided to go over everything we’ve learned from using our own trolling motors.
In this episode, we discuss the trolling motors we currently use, how we got there, and other tips and tricks that have helped us find the best trolling motor.
We’ve got you covered below!!!
You can watch the video version of this podcast below (which I highly recommend), listen to the audio version by clicking the play button underneath it, or listen to it on iTunes, Stitcher, or Spotify.
Saltwater Trolling Motors [PODCAST]
- TROLLING MOTOR REVIEW: MINN KOTA VS. MOTORGUIDE (PROS & CONS)
- INSHORE FISHING 101: THIS IS HOW TO NEVER GET SKUNKED
Here is a timestamped version:
- 2:17 – Saltwater Trolling Motors
- 2:59 – Fishing Coach Wyatt Parcel’s Journey with a Trolling Motor
- 4:51 – Using a Freshwater Trolling Motor in Saltwater
- 8:52 – Fishing Coach Richard Thomas’ Journey with a Trolling Motor
- 11:52 – Importance of Trolling Motors for Inshore Fishing
- 12:34 – Match your Trolling Motor to your boat and fishing style
- 14:03 – Spot-Lock Capabilities
- 14:47 -#1 Trolling Motor Mistake in Shallow Water
- 16:35 – Brands, Sizes, Types, Etc.
- 21:06 – Battery Consumption
- 21:55 – Bay Boat Trolling Motors
- 22:57 – Personal Preferences
- 25:41 – Mounting Trolling Motors
- 27:45 – Battery Source and Wiring
- 28:48 – Rust Prevention
- 30:31 – Mounting Strategies
- 33:26 – Foot Pedal Motors
- 36:13 – Trolling Motor Remotes
- 46:20 – Have the motor facing down
Saltwater Trolling Motors [VIDEO]
Saltwater Trolling Motors are critical for inshore anglers looking to drift a flat or work a coastline of mangroves effectively and efficiently.
Before you start to think about other boat accessories, look into the RIGHT trolling motor for you!
Do you have any more questions about saltwater trolling motors?
Let us know down in the comments!
Also, please share your personal experiences and tips with us in the comments!!!
And if you know someone who wants to learn more about saltwater trolling motors, please TAG or SHARE this with them!
P.S. Want access to our best fishing spots and tips, plus discounts to our online tackle store? Click here to join us in the Insider Club!
STOP WASTING TIME ON THE WATER!
Do what the “SMART ANGLERS” are doing and join the Insider Club.
Here’s what you’ll receive today when you join: