St. Croix Mojo Yak Fishing Rod Review (Pros, Cons, & Specs)
If you fish sitting down in a kayak, then you’ve probably had the butt of your rod get caught on your PFD or shirt before…
It’s not too big of a deal if you’re just retrieving your lure, but if you’ve ever missed a hook set because you were too cramped in your kayak (or you never want that to happen!), then you’re going to love this kayak fishing rod.
St. Croix has created the Mojo Yak, a fishing rod with a short butt that’s designed to cater to kayak anglers.
I’ve been using it for a few months now and in this video I’m going to share my review of it.
- The rod specs
- What I like (and don’t like) about it
- What type of fishing this rod is best for (and when you should avoid it)
- And more
We don’t accept sponsorships from any tackle companies so you can be sure that this is a totally honest and unbiased review.
Mojo Yak Fishing Rod Review [VIDEO]
There are a lot of things to like about this rod, but also some things to be aware of before you buy it.
Here’s the breakdown of the pros and cons:
St. Croix Mojo Yak Pros:
- High-quality rod (great Fuji real seat, Kiegan Double Hook keeper makes it easy to put up your hook, good Winn grips)
- Great for jigging, making short and accurate casts, and skipping lures under docks
- Short butt makes it easy to maneuver when sitting down
- Excellent customer service
- 5-year warranty
St. Croix Mojo Yak Cons:
- Short butt makes it harder to make long casts
- Short butt makes it not very balanced (which makes it hard for throwing topwater lures)
- The fact that it’s unbalanced and has a short butt makes it hard to fight bigger fish
I’ve really enjoyed my St. Croix Mojo Yak fishing rod, but it’s not for everyone.
If you like finesse fishing in your kayak, then you’ll probably like this rod.
But if you need to make long casts, fight big fish, or throw topwater lures, then this rod might not be the one for you.
Have any questions about this rod?
Have you used it before?
Let me know down in the comments!
And if you know someone who might like this rod, please TAG or SHARE this with them!
P.S. Want access to our best fishing spots and tips, plus discounts to our online tackle store (where we sell these jig heads)? Click here to join us in the Insider Club!
STOP WASTING TIME ON THE WATER!
Do what the “SMART ANGLERS” are doing and join the Insider Club.
Here’s what you’ll receive today when you join: