Valentine Thomas: Drowning As A Kid To Anxiety Attacks To Spearfishing
By: Joseph Simonds on September 10, 2019
Have you ever wondered what it would be like to do what you love for a living?
Or to finally conquer that crippling fear you have?
I’ve got an inspiring podcast with Valentine Thomas today, who went from having a high paying job in London to living in her car in Florida to now having a successful business where she spearfishes and cooks for a living.
A lot of times when you talk to professional spearfishermen or women they have the same story…
They grew up in and around the water and were hooked from day one.
But not Valentine…
When she was 14 she got caught up in an undercurrent, went unconscious, nearly drowned, and had to get rushed to the hospital.
For the next 10 years she was petrified of the water, but in this episode, she shares how she overcame that fear, as well as:
- How she got bullied and beat up as a kid (and why she’s a better person because of it)
- Which “trash fish” are actually delicious to eat
- The controversial and unfair heat that spearfishermen get (that line fishermen don’t get)
- How she grew up as a scared and anxious kid, but figured out how to conquer her fears (and how you need to “face your own shark”)
- Why anxiety is taboo in our culture and how we can help fix that
- And much more!
The Amazing Story Of Valentine Thomas [VIDEO]
The Amazing Story Of Valentine Thomas [PODCAST]
- Marty Zoffinger: The Amazing Story Of A Kayaker Who Never Gave Up
- Meet One Of The Top Spearfishermen In The World (Cameron Kirkconnell)
I love hearing the stories of people who sold everything, risked it all, and are now living their dream life.
It’s what my brother Luke and I did, and it was one of the best decisions we’ve ever made!
One thing I loved that Valentine said is that everyone needs to “face their shark”.
This woman used to be terrified of the water and now she’s spearfishing, running into sharks, and staring them down until they leave her alone.
Can you stare down and conquer your fear?
Can you take it one step at a time, like Valentine did with her fear of water?
I believe in you, and I believe you can!
If you want more of Valentine Thomas, you can check her out at the links below:
If you have any questions about this episode, let me know in the comments, and please TAG or SHARE this with someone who needs to conquer their fears and start living out their dream life!
P.S. Want the best local fishing spots, access to exclusive fishing gear, and to stay up to date with what and where the fish are biting right now? Join us in the Insider Club!
Do You Want To Quickly Find New Fishing Spots In Your Area?
Then you’ve got to see this private fishing club!
Here’s what you’ll receive today:
- Weekly fishing reports and TRENDS revealing where the inshore fish are feeding all year long
- Weekly “spot dissection” videos that walk you through all the best spots in certain areas
- Exclusive fishing tips from the PROS you can’t find anywhere else
- Everything you need to start catching fish more consistently (regardless if you fish out of a boat, kayak, or land).