Wade Fishing For Trout, Snook, & Redfish In The Fall/Winter
By: Joseph Simonds on October 8, 2019
It’s wade fishing time!
A lot of people say, “If only I had a boat, I would catch more fish…”
Or, “If only I had a kayak, I would catch more fish…”
Well, Wader Dave has a boat, kayaks, and paddleboards, but he still prefers to wade fish!
In fact, he wade fishes over 200 days per year and is a wade fishing guide.
It’s a great way to catch fish because you can be stealthy, thoroughly cover the area you’re fishing in, and a pair of wading boots is a lot cheaper than a boat!
In this podcast episode, we’re going to dive into catching fish during the fall and winter while wade fishing.
Wader Dave shares:
- The best places to wade fish during the fall and winter
- What to look for when fishing along the beach (when it appears to be just miles of straight sand)
- When the best times to fish from the beach are, and when to ditch the beach and head to the backcountry
- How he catches loads of fish from causeways
- The one mistake most wade fishing anglers make (that you’re probably making, too)
- His favorite lures that he always takes with him on a wade fishing trip
Wade Fishing In The Fall & Winter [PODCAST]
- Wade Fishing Tips: How To Wade Fish For Trout, Redfish, Snook, & Flounder
- Snook Fishing Tips With The Captain Who’s Landed Over 300,000 Snook!
- Mirrolure Lil John in Golden Bream
- Johnson Gold Spoon
- Aqua Dream White Spoon
- DOA CAL Shad Tail in New Penny
- Heddon Super Spook Jr.
- Z-Man Slam Shady Paddletail
Wader Dave is making all excuses for not catching fish because you don’t have a nice boat or kayak irrelevant.
He has tremendous success catching fish often while just wading in knee-deep water, or even from the shore.
If you want to read more about Wader Dave or book a trip with him, you can do so at the links below:
You can also check out some of his other articles on Salt Strong:
- 3 Tips To Catching Snook In The Summer (From The Beach)
- Wade Fishing 101: How To Maximize Your Time & Strikes While Wading
- The Ultimate Wade Fishing Pre-Trip Planning Guide
Have any questions about wade fishing?
Let us know in the comments below!
And if you have a friend who wade fishes, please TAG or SHARE this with them!
P.S. Want to join Wader Dave and 9,000 other anglers in the Insider Club, where you’ll get access to the best fishing spots, tips and trends? Click here!
Do You Want To Quickly Find New Fishing Spots In Your Area?
Then you’ve got to see this private fishing club!
Here’s what you’ll receive today:
- Weekly fishing reports and TRENDS revealing where the inshore fish are feeding all year long
- Weekly “spot dissection” videos that walk you through all the best spots in certain areas
- Exclusive fishing tips from the PROS you can’t find anywhere else
- Everything you need to start catching fish more consistently (regardless if you fish out of a boat, kayak, or land).
- How To Catch More Redfish, Snook, & Grouper With Just ONE Lure
- Top 3 Reasons You’re Getting SKUNKED (Hint: It’s Not Your Bait)
- How To Consistently Catch Redfish, Snook, & Seatrout [FREE PDF Guide]
Disclaimer: When you buy through links on our site, we sometimes earn affiliate commission from places like Amazon, Bass Pro, Tackle Warehouse, etc. It’s one more way we can help you quickly find the best deals on the web while making sure we’re still around to serve you for years to come (and you do want us to be around to help you catch fish for many more years, right)?