This Is Why Most Bass Anglers Fail At Inshore Fishing
How can a lifelong bass angler change over to start inshore saltwater fishing?
Do you need to buy everything new and throw out your bass gear?
YOU HAVE EVERYTHING YOU NEED ALREADY!
Your gear will work if you apply all of the knowledge you have accumulated when bass fishing and apply it to inshore saltwater fishing!
You are going to want to give this podcast a listen!
You can watch the video version of this podcast below (which I highly recommend), listen to the audio version by clicking the play button underneath it, or listen to it on iTunes, Stitcher, or Spotify.
Check it all out below!!!
Why Most Bass Anglers Fail At Inshore Fishing [VIDEO]
Why Most Bass Anglers Fail At Inshore Fishing [PODCAST]
- HOW TO TRANSITION FROM BASS FISHING TO INSHORE SALTWATER FISHING
- IS YOUR SPINNING REEL REALLY MADE FOR SALTWATER? FIND OUT…
We covered a lot in this podcast, so here is a timestamped version:
- 0:41 – Defining “failure” in this scenario
- 1:32 – Rob Newell joins the podcast
- 2:29 – Rob Newell’s background
- 3:26 – Applying bass fishing knowledge to saltwater fishing
- 5:20 – Biggest mistakes bass anglers make when saltwater fishing
- 8:59 – Where should bass anglers start
- 9:51 – Live bait myth
- 12:29 – Confidence and familiarity
- 14:20 – Finding structure and bait
- 15:19 – Crossover lures
- 20:21 – Mimic freshwater techniques in saltwater
- 21:51 – Applying bass knowledge to saltwater fishing
- 23:21 – Similarities between bass fishing gear and saltwater gear
- 31:13 – Casting
- 33:15 – Tides
- 40:39 – Impact of current flow
- 42:16 – Saltwater fish behavior
- 43:55 – Power of artificial lures
- 44:56 – Finding productive fishing spots
- 46:25 – Simplify things (The Three B’s)
- 47:29 – Artificial lures VS. Live bait
- 50:41 – Trying out new techniques
Many bass anglers across the country are fishing in overcrowded lakes when they can have more elbow room and variety if they choose to get out and try saltwater fishing.
You as a bass angler have the knowledge of fishing already in your head, now you just have to shift your thinking a bit and apply it to inshore saltwater fishing.
Give the gear and lures you have to fish freshwater lakes a try in inshore saltwater areas because they will surprise you and catch fish!
Are you a freshwater angler that has more questions on making the switch to inshore saltwater fishing?
Let us know down in the comments!
And if you know an angler who wants to learn how to switch from freshwater fishing to inshore saltwater fishing, please TAG or SHARE this with them!
P.S. Want access to our best fishing spots and tips, plus discounts to our online tackle store? Click here to join us in the Insider Club!
STOP WASTING TIME ON THE WATER!
Do what the “SMART ANGLERS” are doing and join the Insider Club.
Here’s what you’ll receive today when you join: