Fishing Line Colors: Best Colors, Worst Colors, & Fishing Line Mistakes
Ever wonder if the color of your fishing line matters?
There has been a ton of debate around fishing line color.
Can fish see your line?
Do fish really care?
Listen in as we dive into the world of fishing line colors and hear what we think about the different colors of line and which ones have performed best for us.
Best Fishing Line Color [VIDEO]
Best Fishing Line Color [PODCAST]
- HOW TO FIND 90% OF ALL FEEDING FISH IN YOUR AREA (90/10 FISHING RULE)
- WHY MANY OF THE MOST REALISTIC SALTWATER LURES DON’T WORK…
Here’s a timestamped table of contents:
- 0:50 – Your connection to the fish
- 1:17 – Here’s what Wyatt uses and why
- 2:20 – Using colors to manage your line
- 3:12 – Sticking with what works for you
- 4:23 – Does color spook fish or is it your presentation?
- 5:02 – Many, many other factors go into what line is best
- 6:03 – Why Luke switched to hi-vis yellow
- 7:35 – Luke’s pink line (does it work?)
- 8:10 – Why Luke switched back from hi-vis yellow
- 10:08 – Are you confident in your line color?
- 11:15 – Fishing line colors in dirty water debate
- 13:02 – The over-analyzation of colored line
- 14:32 – Here’s the final verdict
- 15:26 – Pink vs clear leader line
- 16:29 – Refraction and reflection (why it matters)
- 18:19 – Abrasion resistance testing of line
- 20:45 – Tints of mono and if it makes a difference
- 22:30 – Do different depths of water require different colors of line?
- 24:18 – The offshore pelagic study
- 26:31 – Different variables in water color vs line color
- 27:53 – Should you use natural-looking colored line when fishing with live bait?
- 29:24 – Success is preparation plus luck
- 30:50 – Line diameter is super important
- 32:16 – Can bass find bait blindfolded?
- 35:50 – The benefits of lighter line
- 36:30 – Casting contest results that will shock you
- 39:34 – Leader line color final verdict
- 42:38 – Go with what you trust
- 42:52 – Don’t be over powered or you may end up under whelmed
Having the proper diameter and line strength absolutely plays a huge role in performance.
But, from our experience, color does not!
What’s your favorite color of fishing line?
Do you think line color makes a difference?
Let me know down in the comments!
And if you know someone who feels that line color is important, please TAG or SHARE this with them!
P.S. Want access to our best fishing spots and tips, plus discounts to our online tackle store? Click here to join us in the Insider Club!
STOP WASTING TIME ON THE WATER!
Do what the “SMART ANGLERS” are doing and join the Insider Club.
Here’s what you’ll receive today when you join: