The BEST Time To Use Cut Bait (For Trophy Redfish, Trout & Snook)
By: Tony Acevedo on January 22, 2020
Want to catch monster redfish?
I’ve caught lots of redfish over the 40″ mark and one of my favorite ways to catch them is by using cut bait.
And not only do big redfish like cut bait, but so do trout, snook and even tarpon.
In this video, I’m going to show you the best times to use cut bait, as well as which baits work best.
The Best Time To Use Cut Bait [VIDEO]
- The BEST Time To Use Shrimp For Inshore Fishing (Live & Artificial)
- BEST Time To Use Blue Crab (For Redfish, Snook, Tarpon & Black Drum)
- How To Catch Bull Redfish (With Cut Bait)
Although cut bait works well all year long, my two favorite times to use it are when it’s really cold or really hot.
During these times fish metabolism slows down and they become very lazy.
They might turn down a lively baitfish or darting lure, but will happily gobble up a big chunk of smelly cut bait thinking it’s a free meal.
Some of my favorite baits to use for cut bait are:
- Blue crab
Now one question people ask a lot is, “Won’t I catch catfish with cut bait?”
Yes you can, but there are several things you can do to avoid catching catfish, including using circle hooks, using big baits, and using fresh baits.
The best times to use cut bait are when it’s really cold or really hot because fish get lazy then and look for easy meals.
Have any questions about when to use cut bait?
Let me know in the comments below!
And if you know someone who wants to catch more trophy fish with cut bait, please TAG or SHARE this with them!
Now using cut bait only works if you’re in the right spot, and if you want help finding the best spots and catching more fish consistently, click here to check out the Insider Club.
Do You Want To Quickly Find New Fishing Spots In Your Area?
Then you’ve got to see this private fishing club!
Here’s what you’ll receive today:
- Weekly fishing reports and TRENDS revealing where the inshore fish are feeding all year long
- Weekly “spot dissection” videos that walk you through all the best spots in certain areas
- Exclusive fishing tips from the PROS you can’t find anywhere else
- Everything you need to start catching fish more consistently (regardless if you fish out of a boat, kayak, or land).