The 3 Mistakes To Avoid When Kayak Fishing (To Save Time & Money)
Are you a saltwater kayak angler?
Looking to catch more inshore slams from your kayak?
If you love kayak fishing (or if you’re getting into it as a beginner), then you’re going to love this episode with kayak fishing coach Tony Acevedo.
We break down the top 3 kayak fishing mistakes for inshore saltwater anglers.
Find out how to avoid too much tackle, where to fish (and where not to fish), and kayak positioning.
Check it out!
Top 3 Kayak Fishing Mistakes [VIDEO]
Top 3 Kayak Fishing Mistakes [PODCAST]
- HOW TO FIND 90% OF ALL FEEDING FISH IN YOUR AREA (90/10 FISHING RULE)
- THE ULTIMATE PRE-TRIP PLANNING BLUEPRINT (USING ONLINE MAPS)
Here’s a timestamped table of contents:
- 0:59 – Kayak fishing mastery course
- 3:10 – The cost of kayaks today
- 4:07 – Here’s the #1 kayak fishing mistake = $$$
- 4:53 – How much stuff do you really need on a kayak?
- 7:01 – This is where you put your rods in a kayak
- 8:40 – Tackle storage options (Get your Plano Tackle Box here)
- 10:45 – Finding the right kayak for you
- 12:29 – Standing up vs. sitting down in a kayak
- 13:01 – Mistake #2 = STEALTH
- 14:52 – Where do you put your paddle?
- 16:11 – Pedal drive kayaks & when to use them
- 18:31 – Take the pedals out at this point
- 19:23 – Here’s mistake #3 = Planning
- 20:09 – Use this website to find kayak launch spots
- 21:24 – Learn the 90/10 rule if you want to find fish
- 23:11 – Pre-trip planning for kayak fishing
- 25:17 – How many spots should you choose to fish based on wind
- 26:33 – Using your phone on a kayak to check spots/weather/etc.
- 28:03 – How to take fish pics on a kayak
- 31:35 – Anglers are investing in the Kayak Fishing Mastery Course every day
- 32:45 – Find the Salt Strong kayak fishing course here
- 33:28 – Here’s how to get direct access to our fishing coaches
If you are new to kayak fishing or just want to master the art of kayak fishing, there are several mistakes to avoid making if you want to be successful.
Don’t bring too much stuff, try to be stealthy, and make sure you plan your trip before you get on the water!
Have you made any of these mistakes?
Can you think of other mistakes to add to the list?
Let me know down in the comments!
And if you know someone who loves to kayak fish or wants to learn, please TAG or SHARE this with them!
P.S. Want access to our best fishing spots and tips, plus discounts to our online tackle store? Click here to join us in the Insider Club!
STOP WASTING TIME ON THE WATER!
Do what the “SMART ANGLERS” are doing and join the Insider Club.
Here’s what you’ll receive today when you join: