Catch, Cook, Rinse, Repeat with Capt. Moe Newman
What an inspiration!
I’ve got Capt. Moe Newman on the podcast today who is stepping out and doing the right thing (even when it might be hard) in several different ways.
Moe and her husband, Eric, run Journey South Outfitters in Venice, LA.
There they have a lodge, can take you out on their inshore and offshore boats, and will even cook your fish for you (Eric has years of culinary experience and is an amazing chef!).
In this podcast episode, I talk with Capt. Moe about…
- Her thoughts on the controversial practice of “limiting out” in the state of Louisiana and what Journey South is doing about it
- How being a college athlete helped prepare her to be a fishing guide (and for life in general)
- Her biggest fears as a fishing guide
- The differences and advantages of hunting vs. offshore fishing vs. inshore fishing
- Her views on women in the fishing industry and social media scene (and why her views have changed recently)
- And, most importantly, fart apps
You can listen to it by clicking the play button below, or on iTunes, Stitcher, or Spotify.
P.S. Don’t forget to subscribe on iTunes, Stitcher, or Spotify and leave us a review!
Capt. Moe Newman On Life & Fishing [PODCAST]
Note: Don’t forget to subscribe to the Salt Strong podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, or Spotify and leave us a review!
- April Vokey: From Fly Gal To Angler Mum To Changing The World
- Kristine Fischer: Cashing Fishing Checks In A Male Dominated Sport
I love talking with people like Capt. Moe who are doing what they love, serving others, and standing up for what they believe in.
And I especially love that she’s blazing a trail for other women and is someone who girls, like my two young daughters, can look up to.
If you want to book a trip with her or her husband, you can find them at the links below:
Have any questions about what we covered in the podcast today?
Let me know in the comments below!
And if you know someone who needs to hear this podcast, please TAG or SHARE this with them!
P.S. Want access to the best fishing spots, tips, and exclusive gear and discounts? Click here to join us and +10,000 other anglers in the Insider Club!
Do You Want To Quickly Find New Fishing Spots In Your Area?
Then you’ve got to see this private fishing club!
Here’s what you’ll receive today:
- Weekly fishing reports and TRENDS revealing where the inshore fish are feeding all year long
- Weekly “spot dissection” videos that walk you through all the best spots in certain areas
- Exclusive fishing tips from the PROS you can’t find anywhere else
- Everything you need to start catching fish more consistently (regardless if you fish out of a boat, kayak, or land).
Click here to join today.
STOP WASTING TIME ON THE WATER!
Do what the “SMART ANGLERS” are doing and join the Insider Club.
Here’s what you’ll receive today when you join: